Police stop driver for 15 violations in 11 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police stop driver for 15 violations in 11 minutes

Is Provost Harrison visiting Switzerland?

Oct 19, 3:08 PM EDT

GOSSAU, Switzerland (AP) -- Authorities say an Italian man took reckless driving to new heights in 11 frantic minutes of traffic violations in eastern Switzerland. They said they first spotted the 47-year-old driver as he sped his jeep past an unmarked police car at 160 kph (100 mph) in a rainstorm Sunday.

Driving dangerously close to other cars on the autobahn, he then allegedly ignored police attempts to pull him over - first with a stop sign, and then with flashing lights and sirens.

Police say the man drove through a construction zone at 140 kmh (87 mph), nearly twice the speed limit, before being stopped.

They seized the man's driver's license, and a judge ordered him tested for medications and illegal drugs.

Police said Monday the man racked up 15 traffic violations in 11 minutes.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

There's no sense doing things half-arsed - if you're going to do it, take it to the limit
    If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Italian drivers

Comment

They didn't even taser him... BOO !!!
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

WTF?
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

They said they first spotted the 47-year-old driver as he sped his jeep past an unmarked police car at 160 kph (100 mph) in a rainstorm Sunday.

Amateur.

WASAGA BEACH, Ont. -- The teenaged son of a retired police officer who was charged with speeding at 239 km/h let out a big sigh of relief yesterday after he beat the rap.

Corey Graves, now 17, was clocked by a radar at 158 km/h over the speed limit while driving his father's black 2000 Lincoln LLS at around 2 a.m on May 18, 2008.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X