Nero - not that you'll understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero - not that you'll understand

The whole thing is a silly rock/pop opera which does a great job of combining drama, tragedy and comedy. The whole thing is awesome, it wonderfully ilustrates how modern society is just as decadent as Rome at its worst.

The coreography is average, but the content is pretty awesome. The whole experience can't really be captured in this clip.

Last edited by Heraclitus; October 19, 2009, 13:51.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I was about to write some more but noticed the blonde's ass. Damn was she hot live.

Preemtive edit: Yes the show has dickgirls.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Thou the blonde and several other hot pieces of ass aren't. God I hope they weren't.

Comment

I was about to write some more but noticed the blonde's ass. Damn was she hot live.
        First thing that came to my mind.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
          Thou the blonde and several other hot pieces of ass aren't. God I hope they weren't.
          With an ass like that, the odd flaw can be overlooked.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Notice the lampshading (far right) of a critic who said the thing would be nothing but Caligula on stage from what he knew of the author.

Comment

This looks like an abomination.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

What the **** is this
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  What the **** is this
                  Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  This looks like an abomination.
                  Exactly. That's what makes it awesome.

Comment

Caligua on stage.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                      just as decadent as Rome at its worst.
                      Rome at its worst for decadence (sexual) would be under Caligula rather than Nero. At its worst for gluttony decadence would under Vitellius. For violence, it would have been at its worst during civil wars follwing C. Julius Caesar's assasination.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I'm too lazy to look up what "decadence" means precisely, but if it means what I think it means: absence of purpose, abundance of free time, lack of moral fiber, then I would contend that our day and age is not decadent.

While there is probably a segment of population that is decadent, many of us, probably most, aren't.

Comment

+ bonus points for me for understanding what the guy is singing

Apparently, he is Nero, the roman Emperor.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            What the **** is this
                            As much as this pains me to type - but -
                            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                            X