It's time for our annual discussion on the futility of philosophy in university

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just because you know I'm right.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What a load of ****ing bollocks.

She writes poetry as well (now there's a surprise).

“Like a borning calf sliding in ****-ooze,/ he imagines, homunculated feminine/ capacity for endless more.”

One reviewer of her second poetry book says:

Alongside the carrot peelings and burst vacuum bags of daily life, slower processes tell stories about lifetimes, with shifting shorelines and rock formations charting longer silences and repeated visits to episodes long past. Giving equal reverence to the geologic structures and strata of household mess, During stands apart both for its precise language and imagery, and for its sustained, subtle telling of a life in progress

I also see that she is an eco-hippy who says of herself “I am blessed with one of the richest lives of anyone I know”

:vomit:

Comment

Newton wrote about metaphysics and religion. There might also be personal letters expressing some of his moral ideas.

The abstract still smells of bull****. In the end though she could have a point if she discussed the failure of modernist rationality to account for ethical principles, and focused on the necessity to define ethics through practical action (architecture for instance).
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Defining ethics....through architecture? How is that in any way practical(or even possible)?
          "

Comment

Architecture (especially wrt to urban planning) does a great deal to shape your daily life. What monuments societies put efforts into building also tells a lot about their values...
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

If I recall correctly Newton also wrote some bat**** crazy articles on religion, saying that the Trinity was wrong and that Jesus would return around 2400 and something
              I need a foot massage

Comment

Newton had too much mercury in his diet.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Or not enough.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No, no, the mercury only slowed him down. It was the phlogistons that made him wacky.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                      Defining ethics....through architecture? How is that in any way practical(or even possible)?

It seriously is not possible,

F'n art's majors.

Line them all up against a wall and................
                      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                      X