Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to calm down again?

OK, today's morning was ****ty.

I drove both kids to school. On the penultimate crossing before arriving at home, I have turn left, which is quite difficult there due to traffic. There's a zebra-crossing, and in Austria we have to cede passage to walkers. But not to cyclists, who ought not ride their bike on the sidewalk anyway. OK, there's a cyclist coming from the right and I don't stop. He didn't even have to get off his bike. Still, when driving by behind me, he hits my chassis. I go mad, open my door and shout at him what the **** was wrong with him, without calling him names. He instead did so and continued on his bike on the sidewalk. I hate those guys. So I come to the next crossing, where I have to turn left again. He arrives there at the same time, gets off his bike and lurks provocatively across the zebra.
    At that point I'm so extremely mad (my fault) that I block his passage (without endangering him, but sure, that was coertion and one of the less wise things I did in my life). He bumps his cycle with full force into my front door, which is when I get out of the car, arguing. Of course, that situation made me look like a madman, because I was mad at that point. An old man (a neighbor; oh my, will that be uncomfortable) turned up, with two little dogs, joining in with the motherfvcker, who played the lamb. No point to explain the antecedents. Lucky for me, the situation dissolved the "*a$$hole/a$$hole"-way instead of the "I'll sue you" way.
    Now I'm at home and incapable to do anything productive because I'm so pissed off. What should I do to concentrate on other things again? Writing the $hit off my soul was my tactics #1.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Take up painting. Apply for art school. Get rejected, move to Germany, and bring about the rising of the Fourth Reich.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Yeah, would be great. Lamentably, until I calm down, I'd have to shoot myself in the head.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Run your car over bikers first, ask questions later
        Blah

Comment

smoke a fat one and forget about it, man
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

If you use words like "penultimate" and "antecedents" (or their German? equivalents) when screaming like a madman, that's awesome.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Use your anger to press the city counsil for bicycle lanes. That way they don't have to use the sidewalk/zebra's.

Or just take three deep breaths and shrug it off. Whatever happened, it's not worthwhile your energy anymore.
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Run down some more bikers.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by germanos View Post
                  Use your anger to press the city counsil for bicycle lanes. That way they don't have to use the sidewalk/zebra's.

Or just take three deep breaths and shrug it off. Whatever happened, it's not worthwhile your energy anymore.
                  We have the most developped bicycle lane system in Austria. There are 2 problems: a) Bicycles prefer using sidewalks, b) walkers prefer bicycle lanes. We're the Balcans.
                  That specific specimen had absolutely no reason not to use the road, which is not narrow and has a 30 km/h speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    If you use words like "penultimate" and "antecedents" (or their German? equivalents) when screaming like a madman, that's awesome.

I know, I do suck at swearing, esp. because I care not to say any swear word that could get me a fine. Thus, I end up with very circumstantial lamentations.

Comment

You can get fined for using swear words? Dude, get a First Amendment.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We've got 50 states, 3000 counties, and 300,000,000 people. Yeah, **** happens. But you know free speech is generally afforded greater protection here than in other countries.

Comment

I don't disagree with you, especially comparing the US to Euroland. But the US has some real restrictions on freedom of speech that go beyond most of the 1st world's (nudity and curse words on broadcast TV, say).

By the way, cursing in front of a cop will get you a disorderly conduct charge depending on the circumstances.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, I think they brought out that law because they didn't want to hit him with disorderly conduct.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X