No announcement yet.

Let the Good Times Roll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with you people and the Australian dollar? What's so good about it?
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
      If you move your money into relatively risk free investments in Australia you'll earn not only fixed income returns but also currency appreciation returns.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
        IMHO, gold's about topped out. It's a refuge in the time of crisis, and the crisis mentality is fading.

The U.S. dollar is not the place to be, not with the trade deficit.

Best bets are prob'ly the Austalian dollar, the Euro and/or the Chinese yuan [which China has been keeping artificially low to encourage exports].
        Gold is absolutely a refuge for when a currency goes to ****.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Australia sells lots of raw materials to China, giving it a positive trade balance. Sooner or later, a positive trade balance will lead, as MRT114 says, to anincrease in the value of their currency.

It also has a well run economy, as demonstrated by it was one of the few countries in the industrialized world to avoid going into recession.

Comment

Thanks to Papa Government.
            You are not privy to what the investments are
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

BAC going to pull the whole market down today... YAAY!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                And the stock market is a leading indicator.
                If you think the economy is going to expand everytime the market goes up and contract everytime it goes down your wrong. Sorry.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Linked to gold, gold is up.

Reason that commodity prices drive so much of AUD's volatility despite only making up a small fraction of exports is that the volatility of commodities is far higher than the volatility of other goods and services. Cost of labour inputs changes very little compared to cost of commodities due, in part, to stickiness of wages, slow pace of hiring/firing etc. Same story with CAD and oil. Oil is a fairly small part of Canada's economy, but it accounts for most of the volatility of the CAD relative to non-commodity currencies.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Wells Fargo values BAC at $29.10, or 80% current price. If it hits that I'm selling and paying down my house.

LINK
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X