My name is Mussolini. Benito Mussolini.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
    If it wasn't for the appeasment, Britian never would have had to fight Germany period.

BTW, the prospect of Britain and France beating Germany got worse the longer they let it rearm.
    A preemptive strike would have been a disaster.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
      There's no shortage of people I want to hang for this failure.
      Do you have some ancestors that had lots of work to do back in 7.-10. november 1520 ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Comment

"I have no evidence to prove it, but I suspect that Mussolini, who was a noted womaniser, also spent a good deal of the money on his mistresses."
          i like how that is just spliced into the article out of nowhere. should i be angry that not all of the money went into beating hippie peace protestors or happy that not all was used to fund his rise in power?

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
            If it wasn't for the appeasment, Britian never would have had to fight Germany period.

BTW, the prospect of Britain and France beating Germany got worse the longer they let it rearm.
            Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            The appeasement was a great succes. Germany's expansion continued eastwards away from Britain and France and, equally important for them, it moved towards the evil Communists. Stalin thought probably: "two can play that game" and arranged the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact. That was the Joker France and Britain hadn't counted on.
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              Do you have some ancestors that had lots of work to do back in 7.-10. november 1520 ?
              It is possible, and doubly so, since my ancestors were most likely on your side back then. I'm considering following in their footsteps next summer - well, except for the bloodletting. Unless of course you want me to off J-D Tomasson, because I can do that for you, he annoys me a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                Err, up until the end of 1939 France could've walked across the Rhine to Berlin.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                  Err, up until the end of 1939 France could've walked across the Rhine to Berlin.
                  Pish Posh, they would have been easily routed by Germans in any war engagement.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

History remembers Benito Mussolini as a founder member of the original Axis of Evil,...
                    This Bushism looks like one we'll be stuck with forever. Before Bush, no historian or journalist would refer to the Axis as "Axis of Evil" (capitalised nonetheless).
                    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                    George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X