Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranormal Activity

Anyone seen it?

Go to http://eventful.com/performers/paran...6/competitions to demand it in your area.

They get 1,000,000 requests and Paramount will release it nationwide.

Rottentomatoes.com gives a 94% rating.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Can I submit negative requests?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

This looks like a fun new marketing scheme. Also looks like a terrible movie.

Comment

94% of the people on rotten disagree.

My only fear is that it will be another Blair Witch Project, hyped indie horror film that really sucks balls,

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post

My only fear is that it will be another Blair Witch Project, hyped indie horror film that really sucks balls,

ACK!
          I don't like films based on the paranormal and supernatural. They propagate fear and ignorance amongst the general population rather than encouraging people to approach a strange or new situation with an open and analytical mind.

That might sound absurd to the majority of the poster here on 'Poly but I have to deal with people constantly engaged in accidental ancestor worship and who fear investigating a strange noise because it might be the bogeyman. Grandma doesn't care that you masturbate, she's been dead for a long time now. That odd moaning sound from under the house is a cat in heat, no spirit is going to jump out and steal your soul.

Comment

Blair Witch meets that silly video where you are suppose to look for a ghost and then they have that weird looking lady scream at you real loud thingy.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
              ...that silly video where you are suppose to look for a ghost and then they have that weird looking lady scream at you real loud thingy.
              This is the primary reason why the sound is off by default on every computer I've used in the past decade or so.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

ACK!
                It's opening today locally, my wife and I MIGHT go see it next Friday. If the stars align and I'm done with my Halloween projects by then.

I've said from the beginning, Blair Witch should have never left Sundance. AT the Sundance film festival, it was presented as a documentary, complete with news reports, props, a presentation, and other things prior to it that created a whole different atmosphere to the movie than what could be re-created on a national level. I've had to explain a number or rather key plot-points to folks I've watched it with since. They just do not get explained by the movie, alone.

Once it became just a movie, it did take on a whole different vibe, and lost an incredible amount of it's original charm.

Watching the Blair Witch premier at Sundance along with Clyde Lewis, and a host of Ground Zero Radio listeners remains one of the top 2-3 movie experiences in my life. Sadly, it's not one that can be re-visited easily.

Yes, Paranormal Activity looks like it may be similar.

There's also an alien abduction movie getting the treatment, but I forget the name.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

This is typical for niche movies, especially unreleased ones. The only people who vote are the fanboys.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx View Post
                    It's opening today locally, my wife and I MIGHT go see it next Friday. If the stars align and I'm done with my Halloween projects by then.

I've said from the beginning, Blair Witch should have never left Sundance. AT the Sundance film festival, it was presented as a documentary, complete with news reports, props, a presentation, and other things prior to it that created a whole different atmosphere to the movie than what could be re-created on a national level. I've had to explain a number or rather key plot-points to folks I've watched it with since. They just do not get explained by the movie, alone.

Once it became just a movie, it did take on a whole different vibe, and lost an incredible amount of it's original charm.

Watching the Blair Witch premier at Sundance along with Clyde Lewis, and a host of Ground Zero Radio listeners remains one of the top 2-3 movie experiences in my life. Sadly, it's not one that can be re-visited easily.

Yes, Paranormal Activity looks like it may be similar.

There's also an alien abduction movie getting the treatment, but I forget the name.
                    I stopped listening to Clyde after Blair Witch.

ACK!

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about the South Park clip making fun of the tv show ghost hunters.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Anything to get the morons around here off the streets for 2-3 hours is a good thing.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I thought Tube was asking if anyone has had any paranormal experiences.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I stopped listening to Clyde after Blair Witch.

ACK!
                            Well, yeah...he moved to Seattle shortly after that.

(FYI, I was on his show a time or three)
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                            X