• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He hasn't been struck by lightning yet

That is scheduled for next week.

Beaten man is shot during self-defense lesson
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

GROVEPORT, Ohio - An 80-year-old Ohio man is recovering from a week in which he was beaten during a home invasion and then shot while trying to learn about guns.

Ralph Needs says he wouldn't want anyone to experience what he's been through. He was tied up and pistol-whipped when at least three intruders broke into his Columbus-area home Sept. 20, according to The Columbus Dispatch newspaper. Needs' nose was broken and his pickup truck, a computer and credit cards were stolen.

Four days later, Needs was shot in the hand during a self-defence lesson. A 9 mm pistol went off as one of his sons was loading it.

Groveport police say it was an accident, so there will be no charges. No one has been arrested in the assault, but one person was charged in connection with the stolen computer, now recovered.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Four days later, Needs was shot in the hand during a self-defence lesson. A 9 mm pistol went off as one of his sons was loading it.

Groveport police say it was an accident, so there will be no charges. No one has been arrested in the assault, but one person was charged in connection with the stolen computer, now recovered.
    Was the lesson given by Dick Cheney? Then that old guy better apologizes quickly.
    Blah

Comment

I hope he has all his insurance payments up to date.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Poor man.

And at 80 years of age!?

At least he'll have a story to tell the great-great-grandkids.

Comment

at this rate he won't be around to tell any stories
          The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Who the f** would teach an 80-year-old man to shoot with a 9 mm pistol?! The recoil itself would be enough to kill him.

Comment

9mm have very little recoil.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Almost none. It's also pretty hard to have an accident with one...
                Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Tell the son that.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fox View Post
                    It si even harder to have an accident with none
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fox View Post
                      Unless the son has an ulterior motive. I point out the police haven't arrested the home invaders yet. Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                      X