Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you want to empty your beer before smashing it on someones head

http://improbable.com/ig/winners/#ig2009

PEACE PRIZE: Stephan Bolliger, Steffen Ross, Lars Oesterhelweg, Michael Thali and Beat Kneubuehl of the University of Bern, Switzerland, for determining — by experiment — whether it is better to be smashed over the head with a full bottle of beer or with an empty bottle.
    REFERENCE: "Are Full or Empty Beer Bottles Sturdier and Does Their Fracture-Threshold Suffice to Break the Human Skull?" Stephan A. Bolliger, Steffen Ross, Lars Oesterhelweg, Michael J. Thali and Beat P. Kneubuehl, Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine, vol. 16, no. 3, April 2009, pp. 138-42.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Ahem

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bad thread title
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

My thread treated the subject matter with the respect it deserved. Not your gutter rat version.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yep, an it got huge puplic attention

Steven Weinberg

Comment

This thread has already got way more postings than yours

Steven Weinberg

Comment

My thread has bra gas masks (with pic) and panda poop (no pic).

It's not my fault the masses can't appreciate a quality Poly thread.

Comment

The masses don't want quality, the urge for good thread titles

Steven Weinberg

Comment

We're not into your panda fetish, Mr. Wezil. If that is your real name.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I think a mod can close this thread now.

Comment

I suggest a merge

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's not like one single post has been about your thread topic.

Comment

Who cares - I have a 11-0 lead

Steven Weinberg

Comment

+1 for BlackCat
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There you see - massive public support for this thread

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X