Marek Edelman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marek Edelman

Marek Edelman (1922-2009) was the last surviving member of the leadership of the uprising in the ghetto of Warsaw. Once a member of the Bund party, the biggest enemy of zionists, he never left Poland, even during the 1968 antisemitic campaign, saying he wants to shield the flame God is trying to put out. He spent his post-war days working as a cardiologist, and, after the fall of communism, also as a political activist (1989-93 he was a MP), speaking out against the massacres in Kosovo, Ruanda etc. He was awarded the highest polish and french state awards: the order of the White Eagle, and the Legion of Honour

wiki about warsaw ghetto uprising

"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Ca c'est la Legion d'Honneur, mais quand même, il faut apprécier la puissance de la resistance polonaise, et celébrer la vie de M. Edelman.

Comment

RIP
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Marek Edelman

RIP

Comment

. . .

Comment

Ahh, Bundists.... never forget.

RIP.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Edelman was member of one of two jewish organisations responsible for the uprising, the left-wing one, which was also recognised as the official respresentation of Jews by polish underground state. There was a zionist organisation as well, and allegedly, in Israel its role is overemphasised for political reasons
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

rip

lotta history in that face

Comment

Working...
                X