Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should torture be performed by professionals or amateurs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torture unions?

I'm in favor of professional degrees instead of being a trade.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There are still certifications involved. Sure, a degree in Torture looks good. It might actually be quicker to at least have a recognition of the different styles employed.
      Maybe have a professional fast track, as it were. Still and all, nothing beats getting in there and getting your hands dirty. Labs can't create everything.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I was thinking more of a doctor certification. School, residency, etc.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They should at the very least have a thorough knowledge of anatomy as a prerequisite.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Why not make it part of jury work ? After conviction, they also execute nessecary punishment.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

How about this? How about we give the toturee a choice if torturers.
              If he chooses the blue collar trainee, well, sometimes things don't go exactly right.
              HOWEVER, there's another available option. Choose the schooled professional, but they have to pay, to offset the schooling costs.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                They should at the very least have a thorough knowledge of anatomy as a prerequisite.
                That is most definitely a skill easiest learned on the job.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

As an apprentice, sure, but you don't want a new torturer unlearned in anatomy to inadvertently kill a poor unfortunate convict or suspect when he's only supposed to be inflicting unspeakable pain on the convict or suspect. The punishment must fit the crime etc.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Nah, start them on fingers and toes and let them work inward from there. Accidents would be few and professional insurance can take care of the ones that do happen.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

How about making torture illegal? (Oh wait... it already is...)

Comment

That's rumor and propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by JEELEN View Post
                          How about making torture illegal? (Oh wait... it already is...)
                          Go to prison and see how much the legality matters, ****ing ****.

Comment

Torture has quite a history (as a recent study has once again shown) - besides being crude and ineffectual as a means of obtaining information. The real reason for torture is sadism, pure and simple.

Comment

Working...
                            X