A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More nostalgia:

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Two past and current favourites singing something that always gets to me:

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• One of the underestimated great soul voices, with a Gil Scott Heron track that proved sadly prophetic for both of them:

Comment

• More known (unfortunately) for a song about an Argentinian politician, this is a rather better song in my opinion, by Julie Covington:

Comment

• A little cabaret music:

Comment

• Something for the very charming German nurse I met in hospital last week (apparently I was the first Brit he'd met since working & living here who had spoken to him in German -of a sort).

Comment

• A 90s' fave:

Comment

• A little bit earlier, but what a woman, what a voice:

Comment

• One of my favourite films, with one of my favourite soundtracks:

Comment

• 'Old dogs' and new tricks:

I really like the Lamont Dozier version too.

Comment

• Not a man. Another song with great versions by others too (I like the one on the 'Tighten Up' Deluxe Edition)

Comment

• Where Stax meets dub:

Comment

• Possibly an oblique reference to Marcel Duchamp:

Comment

• The lovely Bic Runga. Someone who should be better known:

Comment

• Another dead before his time:

From a documentary shown on Channel 4 when it was good.

Comment

Working...
                                X