No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You usually post bizarre punk and techno music. Old school Jazz is a big divergence from that. It's actually music for one...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
      Thoth, you heard of Dublin 2 Delhi?

It's a Canadian band that is a mashup of Celtic music and Indian Bhangra music that a friend of mine manages.
      New to me, but definitely my kind of stuff. I've forwarded the video to a friend of mine who organises a music/drumming festival.

Thanks
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• i'm afraid that post says more about the deficiencies in your ears than about what i listen to. i've posted a fair bit of jazz in the music threads here, i think i posted an albert ayler number earlier in this one. generally i prefer hardbop, free jazz and electro-jazz crossover stuff, but of course you can't ignore the earlier works.

edit: xpost
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoth View Post
          New to me, but definitely my kind of stuff. I've forwarded the video to a friend of mine who organises a music/drumming festival.

Thanks
          I can put you in touch with their management if you want them to come play a show.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
            I can put you in touch with their management if you want them to come play a show.
            Not my decision to make, but if she likes what I sent her I'll take you up on that.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• and now for something completely different

Shibaten Spirits

Comment

• simian - sick

from before they became a mobile disco.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• i'm loving that sleigh bells track and also afro celt soundsystem by the way

Comment

• Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 01:18.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Hey Sloww, did you get to watch Cadillac Records? What you think?
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I have it, but haven't watched it yet.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• And how come I can't see the Embed code on YouTube anymore?
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X