Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quaint and gallant city...

Steeleye Span and 'London' :

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Nice. I might need to pull out my old Steeleye vinyl...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Nice. I might need to pull out my old Steeleye vinyl...
        I saw them live on the 'Storm Force Ten' tour when they did a cracking version of 'The Black Freighter'. I'd like to have seen them many years ago when they used to perform 'The Lyke Wake Dirge' dressed in monastic habits and bathed in eerie blue light- apparently tripping hippies could get quite weirded out thinking their end had appeared..

I like their version of 'Rave On' too...

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Another fave for -Jrabbit. From 'Trees Live!' by Trees, 'Tom O'Bedlam' :

Comment

• Fairport Convention and 'Farewell, Farewell' :

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
              Another fave for -Jrabbit. From 'Trees Live!' by Trees, 'Tom O'Bedlam'
              Interesting. Not a band I'm familiar with; don't think they ever made a splash stateside.
              This tune's a bit on the dirge-y side, which is not my cup of tea for an 8-minute tune.
              Good musicianship. But very evocative of that Fairport Convention early 70s school.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• More Steeleye, in AFAIK their heaviest era -- love this song, love this album.

Comment

• Sandy Denny and 'Crazy Lady Blues' :

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    More Steeleye, in AFAIK their heaviest era -- love this song, love this album.

I really like 'Alison Gross'- I even remember the advertising campaign for their 'Past/Old Masters' l.p. compilation which featured a seriously ugly Mediaeval/Early Renaissance image for 'Alison Gross'...

Interesting. Not a band I'm familiar with; don't think they ever made a splash stateside.
                    This tune's a bit on the dirge-y side, which is not my cup of tea for an 8-minute tune.
                    Yeah, a bit full-on for an introduction I'll admit. Try this :

If you ever happen to see a copy of that album, it's very collectable and worth $$$$$$$

Comment

• Another rare British folk item for -Jrabbit. Wooden Horse featured the delightful Noosha Fox on lead vocals/harmonies and this is 'Eastbound Train' :

Comment

• A perfect song for a sunny morning or motoring down the Pacific Coast Highway...
                        Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 and 'Righteous Life' :

Fanx, tara...

Comment

• I confess upfront a personal interest in this video- the striking looking soulful singer in the middle is the daughter of my friend Ivan...

This is Karina Denike with Lily Taylor and Melody Ferris, performing The Beach Boys' 'Lonely Sea':

I didn't know this song before, and now the waves are lapping against the shore....

Comment

• The Boulevard Of Broken Dreams Orchestra:

with 'The Boulevard Of Broken Dreams'....

Comment

• Kay Starr, 'Wheel Of Fortune' :

Comment

• Dinah Washington :

'Send Me To The 'lectric Chair'

A goddess.

Comment

Working...
                                X