No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassandra Wilson drips Tupelo Honey on me and makes me feel fine....

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Send your camel to bed.... 'Midnight At The Oasis' and Maria Muldaur :

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• If you're not keen on soul, funk or gospel this part of the thread may not be for you.

For Cleotha Staple, the Staple Singers and 'We The People' :

Comment

• From the same glorious musical era, Sir Joe Quarterman & Free Soul, 'So Much Trouble' :

Comment

• The Staple Singers show they're hip to the groove or that the groove simply caught up with them... 'Slippery People' -

Comment

• Patti Drew wants to 'Tell Him' :

Comment

• 'Wattstax- The Album' yields 'Respect Yourself' by the Staple Singers:

Comment

• Carla Thomas and a great song, with an almost Bluebeat/Ska feel, and a touch of Bollywood strings too.... 'Little Boy':

Comment

• The Staple Singers know a place...

Comment

• One for Slowwie, I think. Little Sonny and 'Wade In The Water' :

Comment

• The Staple Singers invite us to lay our burdens down:

Comment

• Willie Brown has 'The Future Blues':

Click image for larger version

Name:	Willie+Brown+williebrown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	9094763

Tune up your inner music fan with blues, soul and rock and roll apparel and accessories from Bluescentric. Jimi Hendrix T-shirts, Muddy Waters, Janis, The Band, Howin Wolf and many others, in sizes S-5XL and 3XLT. Every sale benefits artist estates and labels, in most cases directly, because Bluescentric cares about the music.

Comment

• The Staple Singers test the depths- 'Wade In The Water' :

Comment

• I just can't stand still.... Luther Vandross's 'Funky Music' , sho' nuff :

Comment

• We're in with the in crowd. 'The In Crowd' and the 'Things She Says' :

Comment

Working...
                                X