No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy Miles goes 'Down By The River' now... live too.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Terry Callier and 'Golden Circle':

When this old world is getting me down, I listen to his music. It never fails to lift me.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• For your pleasure. And 'For Your Pleasure':

Roxy of course...

Comment

• Poppy Iran and Googoosh! Pre-Ayatollah Nofuneini :

Comment

• Lively up yourselves with Chuck Higgins:

Comment

• Mighty fine. The voice of Carolyn Frankin, 'I Don't want To Lose You' :

Comment

• I think Slowhand may appreciate this one.... Fenton Robinson. He recorded on the Meteor Label, the most famous after Sun, in Memphis, Tenn.
                There's a good compilation called 'Complete Meteor Blues, R & B & Gospel Recordings' (2 c.d. set Various Artists) :

Comment

• Introducing The Dells and 'A Heart Is A House For Love...'

Comment

• Being stuck with certain 'Poly members in a stalled lift for hours- (that's elevator to USAians) is my version :

Curtis Mayfield

Comment

• Another one I think Slowhand (and some others) will enjoy. Mississippi Joe Callicott and 'You Don't Know My Mind':

He appeared on the very collectable Blue Horizon Label in the U.K. :

Discography of 7" vinyl records on the Blue Horizon (UK) label on 45cat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4717114853.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	9094623

Comment

• Nice. I have some listed as Similar Artists, but nothing by him. Thanks.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• And now for something COMPLETELY different. Record Collector has an article on Trunk Records this month, and they're very good at recycling/rediscovering/reintroducing music and composers (especially of electronic music, soundtracks) on their label.

This is a very silly lead in, and if you like the humour of John Inman or Kenneth Williams, you may find this to your taste...

Comment

• I could only follow that with Kenneth Williams himself, as 'Ramling Syd Rumpo' :

Comment

• I don't think 'Poly would let me post the next one. Not because of any pictorial content (none) but perhaps the text. If you're curious, look up 'Dirty Fan Male' on Youtube. It's very funny. So in a similar (blue) vein, here's 'Fingerbobs' theme music.

Last edited by molly bloom; February 9, 2013, 11:25.

Comment

• So, something else I bought last week. From National Lampoon's Gold Turkey Radio Hour :

Comment

Working...
                                X