No announcement yet.

Was KrazyHorse the one with the sword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was KrazyHorse the one with the sword?

A Johns Hopkins University student killed an apparent burglar with a samurai sword after discovering the man in his garage, police said Tuesday.

Johns Hopkins student kills apparent burglar with sword

(CNN) -- A Johns Hopkins University student killed an apparent burglar with a samurai sword after discovering the man in his garage, police said Tuesday.

Baltimore, Maryland, police received a phone call shortly before 1:30 a.m. Tuesday about a suspicious person, and an off-duty officer arrived at the scene with campus security, city police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

When authorities arrived, they heard calls for help and for police, he said. They discovered a suspected burglar with a severed left hand and severe lacerations to his upper body, Guglielmi said.

The suspect died at the scene, he said.

The man had entered a home where several Johns Hopkins students lived, Guglielmi said. Four students, one armed with a samurai sword, had confronted the suspect in the garage.

The man "lunged" at the students, and the student with the sword defended himself, severing the man's left hand and cutting his upper body, Guglielmi said.

Police did not release the name of the suspect, who Guglielmi said had a long criminal history, or that of the student.

Police questioned the three witnesses, Guglielmi said, and released them. It was not immediately clear whether all four students lived at the house, he said.

Authorities are determining whether the student will face criminal charges, Guglielmi said.

Burglars had taken two laptops and a Sony PlayStation from the students' home Monday, Guglielmi said.

The burglary suspect had been released from prison Saturday, Guglielmi said.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

That is the most awesome thing in history. The only thing more awesome than that would be if the student used a mace. No, not the anti-rape aerosol - the spiked medieval device of kick-assery.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, that is pretty awesome. One does wonder what kind of dipwad would charge a man holding a katana, though. Did he think it was just really shiny plastic, or what?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well, it WAS a Johns Hopkins student. The burglar probably figured, worst case scenario, the kid does emergency surgery on the scene and patches him back up.
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ninja med students!!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ooh. So cutting his hand off wasn't severe enough? Sounds worse than slamming someone to the floor. Chop off a hand, then stab an reported number of times to the torso. That's OK. Uh huh. I'm not standing up for the dearly departed, I'd just like to see a little consistency.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He got points for style, is all.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, he gets points for killing a burglar with a mother ****ing SWORD. He's not going medieval on their ass, he's going positively SHOGUN on their ass.

Comment

I would prefer my Mossberg Persuader 12 gauge. A sword? What if the intruder had had a gun? Or a longer sword?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    I would prefer my Mossberg Persuader 12 gauge. A sword? What if the intruder had had a gun? Or a longer sword?
                    military grade slugs for the win!
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Centurian rounds are what it's all about. A .650 slug in plastic wadding, with 6 pellets of #1 buck to give a little spread.

Although I'm in agreement that the sword is an awesome way to kill someone. Does he get an XBL achievement for this?
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        Ooh. So cutting his hand off wasn't severe enough? Sounds worse than slamming someone to the floor. Chop off a hand, then stab an reported number of times to the torso. That's OK. Uh huh. I'm not standing up for the dearly departed, I'd just like to see a little consistency.
                        Just for the record: cut, not stabbed. It says "lacerations," not "punctures," and besides, you generally don't stab with a katana. You can, but the curved blade isn't ideal for it.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Texans should watch and learn. Shooting a burglar has no style.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

If I had to guess he cut off the hand and sliced the torso in one swing.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

A sword brings more than nothing to the fight, but I am with Sloww. A shotgun or heavy rifle would be a safer chice all around. My bet would be that the man rushed the kids to escape, thinking the swordsman would not know how to use such an object with any effectiveness. Fatal error.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                              X