No announcement yet.

Something for AGW worthshippers to make hate speach against

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the history lesson he put in there. Is this guy a friend of Björn Lomborg(?)?

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
      Wait. Didn't 9/11 change everything?
      Yeah, noticed this too. Will the real robocon please stand up?
      Blah

Comment

[Q=Zkribbler;5676537]Let me get this straight:

The professor claims that Global Warming is no longer a problem.
        He does NOT publish his findings in a scientific journal for peer review.
        He does NOT support his assertion with any data or anything else which can be verified by other scientists.
        Instead, he publishes his hypothesis for the general public.

It seems to me like something's rotten in the state of Denmark. [/Q]

You didn't read very carefully. The cyclic nature of the warm and cool periods and the statistical link to solar activity has been published and defended scientifically for decades. Their theory on cosmic rays and cloud formation is over ten years old.
        Ever since we put forward our theory in 1996, it has been subjected to very sharp criticism, which is normal in science.

In 2008 those anti-science Luddites at NASA indicated that surface temperature measurements of the USA since 2000 had been accidentally inflated. The warmest years on record from the revised data are: 1934, 1998, 1921, 1931, 2006, 1999, 1953, 1990, 1938, with 1954 and 1939 tied for tenth. That makes the '30s the warmest 10 year span. The last ten years of data is the only span with no negative anomalies, which is remarkable. But even that may be explained by development encroaching on long-standing weather stations: paving and buildings replacing open land immediately adjacent, air conditioners running within a few yards in some cases.

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

How does a nuclear furnace cool, but still keep working? What does the sun's magnetic field have to do with its temperature? These are honest questions for those that might know.

The implication of the OP seems to be that a shrinking magnetic field around the sun was a likely precursor to a "more dormant" sun (i.e., cooler, less anomalous activity like sunspote, undsoweiter). Now I can see that the size of the sun's magnetic field would make a difference in screening out cosmic rays. But the atmosphere does most of that, as far as I know.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
            But the atmosphere does most of that, as far as I know.
            No.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
              As for the rest, well it'd sure be nice if AGW wasn't happening. This guy thinks that GW isn't happening (at least for now) because the sun has been sleepy lately. Great. What happens when it wakes up, as Theben pointed out?

-Arrian
              the mile thick ice sheet covering much of the n hemisphere starts melting

Comment

Weather is cyclical, and the guys theories on sunspots and climate are clearly plausible, there are good indicators that the recent warming has at least temporarily peaked. I generally agree that global warming is not a problem and therefore would be classified as a skeptic.
                However I have more serious concerns with increased levels of CO2 particularly relating to the ocean and acidification of the ocean and the consequences of that. So some attempt should be made to reduce CO2 emissions and sulphur emissions etc to limit future acidification of the ocean and water sources in general. But the religious fervour of the IPCC and environmentalists is not justified.

Comment

[Q=Blaupanzer;5676965]How does a nuclear furnace cool, but still keep working? What does the sun's magnetic field have to do with its temperature? These are honest questions for those that might know. [/Q] It isn't the sun's temperature he's concerned about.

The implication of the OP seems to be that a shrinking magnetic field around the sun was a likely precursor to a "more dormant" sun (i.e., cooler, less anomalous activity like sunspote, undsoweiter). Now I can see that the size of the sun's magnetic field would make a difference in screening out cosmic rays. But the atmosphere does most of that, as far as I know.
                  Part of the process of the atmosphere screening out cosmic rays is a process that aids in cloud formation. Therefore, less screening by the sun's magnetic field means more screening and more cloud formation in the atmosphere. A 0.001 change in albedo would have greater effect than all the CO2 man has pumped into the atmosphere.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                  X