Spinal Tap, 25th year anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinal Tap, 25th year anniversary

It is 25 years ago since the famous documentary about one of the best bands ever came out. And because they are touring again I thought it would be a good idea to post the best song they've made:

Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
    That's what I said
    The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
    Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
    I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
    Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
    Big bottom drive me out of my mind
    How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, t'was my lucky bun day
    You know what I mean
    I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
    You know what I mean

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
    Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

Big bottom, big bottom
    Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
    Big bottom drive me out of my mind
    How could I leave this behind?

Comment

Video's man, video's. Kids today don't read, they watch MTV. So to educate the unwashed masses:

Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Tap

Comment

Great movie, good songs.

Wish I could have seen them in their recent tour. Guess I'll just have to wait for the concert DVD to come out.
          If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

I saw them live in concert. All hail our half inflated dark lord!
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"it goes up to eleven"

Spinal Tap.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

It's interesting that this year's tour is so low-key in terms of production.

I've actually booked the Tap for a concert, worked with them directly. It was 2000, and we "talked them out of retirement" to do a big free concert for my company's 75th anniversary at a trade show in Anaheim. In addition to renting the room, contracting for sound, lights, etc., I actually hired the little people (as they prefer to be called) so they could do the tiny Stonhenge bit. (Note: There's actually a specialized talent agency in LA for this!)

It was interesting. I got to work directly with Shearer, Guest and McKean (and their manager), which was pretty amazing. Great guys, brilliant, but very controlling. But they were actually more of a pain in the ass than a spoiled rock star. Trust me, actors are way worse.

Fun fact: On day of show, we brought them in via limo at about 1pm. Once they got in costume, all three remained totally in character all the way through rehearsal/sound check, dinner, and of course the show. Pretty impressive.

Still, that show was epic in so many ways. My company got a lot of national press, both TV and print. It remains a legend in the industry.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                X