Human Rights and Torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Rights and Torture

Yesterday, I had a dental emergency while on lunch at work. All of a sudden, I had sharp pain in one of my lower right teeth. A couple years ago, I had a root canal done under general sedation or anethesia because regular dentists were unable to numb my lower jaw's nerves to be able to do the damn root canal. But the stupid oral surgeon refused to do the crown in addition to the root canal.

Since then, I have had a completed root canal with no crown put on yet. You try finding an oral surgeon who has anethesia, who is willing to do the stupid crown procedure.

So I left work yesterday on this emergency, and went straight to my regular dentist worried that I had cracked or broken my root canal tooth. But after taking x-rays, they could not see anything obviously wrong. But the dentist reccomends that I get a crown done ASAP anyway. Meantime, I have prescription medicine for any recurring pain I may have with this tooth along with antibiotics to prevent any possible infection.

Since human torture is supposedly a violation of international law and basic human rights, how am I suppose to get this stupid crown done?
    Don't get me started on whenever I've had to get a cavity or two done on any of my teeth in my lower jaw in the past . . . .
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Have all your teeth pulled and get dentures, problem solved.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Hmm, a root canal should kill all feeling in the tooth so why would you need anything to have it worked on?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Trust me. Regular dentists back when I was living in Illinois tried twice to use novacaine or other local anethesics and they could not numb the surrounding nerves to do the crown. I could not sit through the procedure without jerking around to get the crown done.

Like I said, this is an unusual situation/condition.

Comment

Then you need to be knocked out.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

is it safe?

Comment

(You shoud be glad you even have a dentist - it's not a Human Right to have one...)

Comment

Dentists isn't a new profession, or even exclusive to where he lives. The techniques are different.

Go stand over there in the corner and laugh.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I had a root canal done without anything. (the nerve was dead)
                  The second one, was different.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by JEELEN View Post

(You shoud be glad you even have a dentist - it's not a Human Right to have one...)
                    Human right to be free from torture, GENIUS.

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
                      Then you need to be knocked out.
                      Alright, fly up here and give me a really good concussion. I figured I haven't offered anything in a long time to make you happy.

Comment

What about the basic human right to torture those you don't like?

Comment

You ain't touching me, Ries.

Comment

On a happier note, I have found an oral surgeon who has anethesia AND they do crowns. I have a consulting appointment on Tuesday. Since my dentist insurance will not cover anethesia for an office procedure like this, I have to figure out how I'm going to pay the $1,500 or so for the anethesia part.

I wonder if I can call my medical insurance to ask if they can cover the anethesia part, while my dentist insurance covers the crown part?

Comment

Working...
                            X