Atheist pet adoption service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok View Post
    Hardly. Nobody who believes in the Rapture is going to believe that atheists are capable of being moral or ethical, and once they're raptured they have no means of punishing noncompliance until the Final Judgment. Also, most of the Darbyite crowd believe in a fairly literal interpretation of Revelation, and I for one doubt whether even a diehard PETA nut would stop to look after some stranger's gerbil once the giant man-headed locusts showed up.
    Well that and you would have to have a friend left behind to check to see if they are doing right by fluffy. Of course, they will probably sacrifice them all to the Anti-christ.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      I assume you all mean "brilliant" as a parody or something? I really can't imagine this getting many customers.
      Considering how easily many people gave up almost all of their belongings and their jobs and gave it to Harold Camping, when he (for his third time) falsely announced the coming Rapture and Armageddon and considering how many millions of christians there are in America, who believe that the rapture is near, I think that the makers of the Website/service make a small fortune.
      Not to forget that 110 $ are only a small price compared to (believing) that now your pets will be in safe hands, when you are taken to Heaven by Jesus in the rapture
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

People gave their money to Camping? They gave it to charity, which isn't a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          People gave their money to Camping? They gave it to charity, which isn't a bad thing.
          Would be great,
          but many of them donated it directly to Campings Family Radio, in order to "spread the word about the coming rapture"
          Campings radio earned millions of dollars thanks to this, which they, after their prediction failed, refused to give back

Millions of dollars were spent on billboards and other ad campaigns to warn the public about Judgment Day The ads led people to wecanknow com which also featured a link for donations

http://www.christianpost.com/news/can-harold-camping-be-sued-50457/

(on the other hand youz are right ... sems like Campings Family Radio was, by some christian sources, seen as a charity ... at least till their prediction didn´t come true )

Well, the pet service can also be seen as a charity, so to speak ... after all it will cost much more than the 110$ to provide for the pets, in case the rapture really happens within the next 10 years
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            Would be great,
            but many of them donated it directly to Campings Family Radio, in order to "spread the word about the coming rapture"
            Campings radio earned millions of dollars thanks to this, which they, after their prediction failed, refused to give back

Millions of dollars were spent on billboards and other ad campaigns to warn the public about Judgment Day The ads led people to wecanknow com which also featured a link for donations

http://www.christianpost.com/news/can-harold-camping-be-sued-50457/

(on the other hand youz are right ... sems like Campings Family Radio was, by some christian sources, seen as a charity ... at least till their prediction didn´t come true )

Well, the pet service can also be seen as a charity, so to speak ... after all it will cost much more than the 110$ to provide for the pets, in case the rapture really happens within the next 10 years
            I had only heard of people giving all their money to other charities, and they were called stupid for that, which I disagree with. Anyone who gives all their money to charity has a strong faith.

Comment

I had only heard of people giving all their money to other charities, and they were called stupid for that, which I disagree with. Anyone who gives all their money to charity has a strong faith.
              I agree, donations of people who donated to real charities and not to Campings radio, at least did something good for the world, even if the donations were made under false assumptions.

Comment

How do you know if your pet is an atheist?
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

It doesn't matter. Pets don't have souls.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

But they always obey God.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                      How do you know if your pet is an atheist?
                      They tease the religious pets.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

They don't have a covenant with god either. All they have are bodies. They may as well be angels for all the good it will do them.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

But all Dogs go to Heaven - I saw a documentary about it.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Is that why there are so many homosexual animals?
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                              Is that why there are so many homosexual animals?
                              Animals are homosexual so that you won't be.

Comment

Animals are homosexual so that you won't be.
                                How does that work? Will the world explode if there is an insufficient amount of gay sex, so God commands ducks to take one for the team?
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X