• Show
Clear All

• Drinking, Watching "The Office" and Bit-Twiddling in Fortran

Happy Labour Day everybody
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

I worked on my thesis some, slept a lot, and will go back to work in a bit. Probably analysis and thesis.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I changed the program I'm working on so that rather than calling updateform1, updateform2, updateform3... updateforn every time the user inputs some crap, the program instead increments the object's version every time the user inputs some crap, and forms 1-n check to see if their object version is up-to-date when they get focus and update themselves as appropriate.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I've always thought that "bit-twiddling" sounded vaguely erotic.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Bit-twiddling is what you do before bit-stuffing and bit-banging.

SP
          I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

I had class.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I slept from 9-5.

Comment

eww i'm surrounded by nerds
                be free

Comment

Worked all day. It's Labor Day, after all.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    I had class.
                    You -- classy-- NEVER

(ya I know you meant you went to school)
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oh and I spent my Labor Day on a plane and drinking a bit myself-- Hit the airport lounge for a couple and then watched 1.25 mediocre movies while nursing a few more ( the red wine with lunch/ dinner (what do you call a meal if its 1 pm where you are and 4 pm where you are going) tasted great -- I must find out what it was since if the airline serves it , it is probably pretty inexpensive).

Then into the hotel ( they give a complimentary half bottle of wine but it wasn't that good IMHO) and THEN onto a pub for a quite yummy beer.
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

but you did drink the whole bottle of wine just to make sure it was good, right?
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                          but you did drink the whole bottle of wine just to make sure it was good, right?
                          Well yes-- it wasn't rancid or anything-- just not to my taste-- and it was only one of those little half bottles so its not like its that much wine to begin with

Comment

I worked some, went to a cookout, then worked some more.

"Bit-twiddling in Fortran"
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                            X