Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the point of the "Drunk Riding" commercials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the point of the "Drunk Riding" commercials?

In case you haven't caught them, they show a guy who's been drinking riding a motorcycle, getting pulled over, and going to jail.

a) Doesn't Darwin have a fairly effective solution for people who drive motorcycles while drunk?

b) I don't really care if somebody else kills themselves due to their own stupidity; I care if they kill other people. Motorcycle + car = (most of the time) dead motorcyclist + startled car driver.

Dead stupid people
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

I think we should just kill motorcyclists on general principle, whether they've been drinking or not.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I find it funny the ads where the car is full of booze, and when the driver opens the door the booze all comes pouring out, and then the cop is like "uhhh, have you been drinking?"

Even funnier is with the motorcyclist, and his helmet is full of beer, and he lifts the visor up and out pours all the beer.

Comment

That's the one I was talking about.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm ok with arresting drunk motorcyclists as that's a motor vehicle but I really hate how they can arrest someone on a bike or a skateboard and charge them with DUI under their driver's license number. I mean the guy tries to be responsible, not drive, and they still give him a DUI?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            In case you haven't caught them, they show a guy who's been drinking riding a motorcycle, getting pulled over, and going to jail.

a) Doesn't Darwin have a fairly effective solution for people who drive motorcycles while drunk?

b) I don't really care if somebody else kills themselves due to their own stupidity; I care if they kill other people. Motorcycle + car = (most of the time) dead motorcyclist + startled car driver.

Dead stupid people
            Why the focus on motorcycles? The same is true for any motorist of any vehicle. Or do you think drunken pilots, or any other example, is ok?
            You lose, again.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You are the worst poster ever.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I love Martini Guy in that spot -- all bleary-eyed, then all the olives floating out with the liquid when he rolls down the window.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Why the focus on motorcycles? The same is true for any motorist of any vehicle. Or do you think drunken pilots, or any other example, is ok?
                  You lose, again.
                  You're a stupid ****er, slowwie.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    I love Martini Guy in that spot -- all bleary-eyed, then all the olives floating out with the liquid when he rolls down the window.
                    Martini guy is my favourite too. In one edit of the commercial he picks an olive out from the liquid and pops it in his mouth.

Martini guy
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                      You are the worst poster ever.
                      I just put him back on ignore. I managed to actually read 4 posts of his before it came to this.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneWalter View Post
                        I find it funny the ads where the car is full of booze, and when the driver opens the door the booze all comes pouring out, and then the cop is like "uhhh, have you been drinking?"

Even funnier is with the motorcyclist, and his helmet is full of beer, and he lifts the visor up and out pours all the beer.
                        didn't realize they were national commercials. I thought they were locally produced. I should have figured something with that high a quality of production values couldn't be locally produced.

I actually like those ads. I wish I had a helmet full of beer.

Comment

Working...
                        X