Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "stop grieving, it's only a chicken"

Bloody scousers

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Tributes left for a dead chicken
    Flowers and tributes were left in an alleyway where the body of a mystery dead baby was found - before police realised it was only a chicken foetus.
    A member of the public discovered the remains in a back alley in the Anfield area of Liverpool.

Police cordoned off the scene but soon realised that it was not a human but a chicken foetus.

Well-wishers had laid more than a dozen bunches of flowers at the scene, along with cards and teddy bears.

One of the cards read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx."

Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "It seems a member of the public saw the remains of a foetus, which possibly resembled a human foetus, and called us.

"We cordoned off the area to investigate, as we would with any possible suspicious death, but it became apparent it was not a human foetus.

"The flowers and cards are obviously the result of local gossip, but we can assure people that the remains were not human."

Conservative MP and editor of The Spectator Boris Johnson was criticised last year after commenting in the magazine that Liverpudlians were "hooked on grief".

Chickens are great. Especially heavily spiced and served with fried rice.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I feel the same way about babies.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Wait, a chicken foetus mistaken for a human one? Isn't it like, egg-sized?
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Comment

I don't like the practice of mourning people you don't know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most people who leave flowers and cards are a bunch of phonies who try to impress their families and friends that they are good, caring people. The problem I have with these people is they do it indiscriminately, those unlucky bastards that don't get media attention don't get the public support. If these people truelly cared, they'd send flowers to every scheduled funeral. But they don't, because they are phonies.

I actually thought this was only an american practice, sadly you brits are doing it too.

/rant

Comment

They mistook a dead chicken foetus for a baby? How stupid must they have felt afterwards!
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Last Updated: Monday, 24 October 2005, 14:06 GMT 15:06 UK
                Cutting edge news there Cort Haus
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Olds are just as good as news if we never noticed it.

Comment

can I post about the Hindenburg fire then?

Comment

I was in a pub tonight (my work local) that got bombed by a Zeppelin in September 1917.

The clock that they pulled out of the rubble is on the wall of the present building, still saying ten-to-six when the bomb hit.

Comment

Now, that's cool.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Tightarses...they should buy a new clock that works!
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I wonder how many times a similar situation happens, and a poor man searching through hospital garbage finds a "chicken"

:vomit:
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                            X