No announcement yet.

suicide thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But his parents and employer obviously cared about him, because otherwise they'd be whoring his life for the press. There is someone out there for everyone, whether they care or not, and whether they've bothered to look for them or not. I'm coming coming on all Ben here (Jarvis gag for any British 'tubbies), but suicide is the answer only for those who refuse to look at the rest of the world, specifically those who care.

Comment

You do here about people who are left in their flats and homes for months on end until someone discovers them for some reason - unpaid bills or a funny smell coming from the place. Saddening really...it is a crap-inducing thought to think you may exit the world this way. I don't want to turn into the male equivalent of this:

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

So tempted to post the famous PH pic passed out on the floor outside a bar.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Are you going to Photoshop some cats in too?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If I had the mad photoshop skills.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
              You do here about people who are left in their flats and homes for months on end until someone discovers them for some reason - unpaid bills or a funny smell coming from the place. Saddening really...it is a crap-inducing thought to think you may exit the world this way. I don't want to turn into the male equivalent of this:

sometimes I have that fear of dying alone. I know I'll never have a woman, but that's ok. I just don't want to die with no friends or family. Though if you think about it, that would be the less selfish thing to do. . That way no one mourns over you. A girl at work pushes me to be friendlier and stuff. I am getting better. I used to not be very friendly and never smiled. I always though that was kind of gay. . But it is important. I want my life to have some value to someone, or what's the point of going on with it?

Comment

Suicide is very selfish and is almost never the right option.

Exceptions can be made for if you are dying and in pain, or if you have some zombifying virus that you don't want to spread to the world, or something similar.

There are people who care about you. There are people who you should care for, who you could be making life better for. Everyone (who is capable of suicide) has skills/etc that they could be using.

Suicide is very selfish.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
                  sometimes I have that fear of dying alone. I know I'll never have a woman, but that's ok. I just don't want to die with no friends or family. Though if you think about it, that would be the less selfish thing to do. . That way no one mourns over you. A girl at work pushes me to be friendlier and stuff. I am getting better. I used to not be very friendly and never smiled. I always though that was kind of gay. . But it is important. I want my life to have some value to someone, or what's the point of going on with it?
                  Smiling and being friendly is "gay"? Come on man, you're going to turn into a right grouch at this rate. The only tasks I get from female colleagues is to find mooing milk jugs in Switzerland, so I must be doing something right.
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

milk jugs? what?

Comment

No, mooing milk jugs...one of my colleagues has asked me to get her such an item the next time I am in Switzerland as she saw one there and take it back to Mexico City with me.
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Dis, Make a concious effort to expand your own circle.

As to jumpers, they always leave a mess for someone to deal with. In my youth, I worked the graveyard shift as a laborer on the UP Railroad and went to school in the day. One night laborer responsibility was to clean the exteriors (and interiors -- another issue) of the engines in the roundhouse shop. They were there mostly because something went direly wrong, they hit something, or something hit them. One night, the boss singled out an engine for me and said: "instead of the usual steam hoses and high powered water nozzles, we need you to handsrape this one and put the material in this special box. The train had hit a human, the investigators were done, and the individual was to be scraped off so he could be buried. Stinking, sad work recovering the muck of a suicide who had stood on the tracks with his head bowed as the train locked its brakes but could not possibly stop.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Suicide by [some other person] is doubly awful, don't you think? Not only have your offed yourself and hurt your family/friends, but you've probably given some other random person nightmares for years. Awesome

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well it's a living for them, isn't it?
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                            X