Online Classes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Classes.

Anyone here taken any? I'm in the process of taking a Geography course online just to get it out of the way and it looks like a push over. The quizzes are multiple choice and there are periodic short essay questions. Over all not challenging at all. Of course, I'm just knocking it out of the way. It just seems odd to me not going to a class and feel like I'm getting credit for it. I took my first quiz lounging on the couch.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

I took a literature course online to get a gen ed requirement out of the way. It was crap because we'd post our essays to the messageboard instead of emailing them to the professor, so everybody tried to out-wank each other even more than usual.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Playful did online and complained of the same thing, loinburger.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
        Anyone here taken any? I'm in the process of taking a Geography course online just to get it out of the way and it looks like a push over. The quizzes are multiple choice and there are periodic short essay questions. Over all not challenging at all. Of course, I'm just knocking it out of the way. It just seems odd to me not going to a class and feel like I'm getting credit for it. I took my first quiz lounging on the couch.
        Yeah, light IT Courses, History course, and English Courses all online. Much the same way. I'm nto sure how you did the quiz part(if it's multiple choice), any tests had to be done at the campus and be proctored for me.

Writing essays, banging out a IT related HW, etc. could be done at home.

I couldn't bring myself to try to take a Math course online, though.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

There's a reason people think online degrees are crap
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I think that online is good for people who have to work or something and couldn't get a 'standard' education.

It isn't ideal thuogh.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You need discussion though.

Posting on a message board or stupid forum teaches you nothing... plus you generally get trolls
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                There's a reason people think online degrees are crap

True...but this isn't an online degree I'm working on.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I understand, but imagine if all your classes for your degree were like that?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

I understand, but imagine if all your classes for your degree were like that?

Hell, I was alarmed by him talking about doing his quiz from his couch. I suspect that "real" institutions that have some online courses(like Community Colleges, 4-year public universities) are the ones that don't let that fly.

Comment

Who the hell has to take a Geography course anyway?
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

You need discussion though.

Posting on a message board or stupid forum teaches you nothing... plus you generally get trolls
                        What in your experience would lead you to believe that?
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I've had several non-online courses with associated forums, and never encountered any trolling - only people registered for the course could post. Take away somebody's anonymity and you hamper their ability to troll.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

wooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssh
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
                              It just seems odd to me not going to a class and feel like I'm getting credit for it.
                              Why? I do that all the time...

Comment

Working...
                              X