Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What level would you be if life were an MMO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What level would you be if life were an MMO?

I'm serious about this, I think we should start looking at what level we are, because I believe if we knew the number, we would try harder to reach the next number. Currently, we only have a blurry idea what number we might be, it's difficult to compare with so much complication.

With the knowledge we have today, could we map out a leveling system for self improvement? Or is it just too complicated?

I can imagine a world where this would work really well, for the benefit of everyone, as superficial as it would be. But what is good about it is that there is now a map you can follow. For example, if I were a level 25, I would want to reach level 26, so the map would tell me the quickest way to get there, so it might say that I need to smile more, which would lead to something else, which would lead to something else again and that would raise me to level 26.

I would really like to create something like this, even if it's just for fun.
    be free

I'd be level 1000000000 dependent on how much xp you get from Awesomeness
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I'd be level -31000 because of signed int overflow
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Don't call life an MMO. That just reminds us that it's a long pointless grind through repetitive boring crap to get more crap that you don't really need and all the while blithering idiots are SHOUTING IN YOUR EAR and sweet lord I think I'll kill myself
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'd be level 35. It takes 365-366 xp to get to the next level. I earn 1 xp a day.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Does that count taserings?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Don't call life an MMO. That just reminds us that it's a long pointless grind through repetitive boring crap to get more crap that you don't really need and all the while blithering idiots are SHOUTING IN YOUR EAR and sweet lord I think I'll kill myself
              Best. Life. Analogy. Ever.
              be free

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Does that count taserings?
                No. Tazering missions grant no xp. They are just fun.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

level 0
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

Well said! However, many of us play games like Civ and the MMOs that put in crystal the crap that is our lives.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

When I saw the title I 1st thought it said HMO. It was weird.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That's The Lord telling you something
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Probably that I need glasses
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Too bad your plan doesn't include optical coverage.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

but he is a democrat
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X