No announcement yet.

Democrats to deny public health care based on party registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both the RNC and DNC are contemptible organizations, in my opinion.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Again, if you think the dems are lily white clean, you're a fool.
      There are voter irregularities reported in EVERY election in Chicago.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        We know you don't always vote Republican. As you've admitted on more than one occasion, you used to vote Democrat because you were concerned about your principles, but now that you're old you vote Republican because you're concerned about your money.
        You'll have to show quotes on those.
        My first presidential election, I proudly voted for NIXON, which I did on principle and I voted for Clinton when I was older so you must obviously have me confused with someone else.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
          Both the RNC and DNC are contemptible organizations, in my opinion.

Well, yeah, That's why I wrote in "Robot Nixon" last election.

Again, if you think the dems are lily white clean, you're a fool.
          There are voter irregularities reported in EVERY election in Chicago.
          Holy Strawman Batman! I must have completely forgot where I said that!

Rah, you are saying that the Dems are As bad(or worse) than the Republicans because of a LOCAL machine, whose ability to commit voter fraud has diminished by several orders of magnitudes over the past few decades, while the Republicans in the last election were, on a nationwide basis, attempt to disenfranchise black voters in a roundabout fashion?

How about the "Republican Leadership" that is screeching about healthcare reform? You can see it in the OP! They are intentionally leading their followers to believe that the Demoncrats are going to shut them out of healthcare.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I'm saying that all politicians lie cheat and steal.
            And yes the Dems can be or have been just as bad. Local, national, it makes no difference.
            I vote for the candidate not the party. I refuse to not vote for a man that shares my beliefs because he shares a party with someone that did something bad. If that was the standard, no candidates of either party of worthy of your vote. So stop pretending the dems are holy and do no wrong.

I have not once said anywhere that I think one part is worse that the other. Too much crap has gone on to add it up in a spreadsheet. Politics is dirty and all types of crap goes on. Which is why I laugh when one side makes a big deal about the other. Like there **** doesn't stink.

I remember back in the old days when the repugs were pushing a universal health care bill and Teddy led the fight against it just because the repugs initiated it. Yet since has battled for it when the Dems were pushing it. IT's all about politics.

Again, if you think the dems are lily white, you're a fool.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
              ITT we learn that rah equates City Machines a few decades ago with nationwide attempts at voter disenfranchisement in the last election.
              He's been doing that for years now.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                Local, national, it makes no difference.
                That's a foolish statement. If the local is rotten then, yes, it is bad but it is like an apple with one rotten part but if the national is bad then it's like the whole damn apple is rotten. You're intentionally trying to come up with false equivalencies here especially trying to compare stuff that happened 40 years ago and has been virtually stopped to something which is active and on going.

Originally posted by rah View Post
                No body but you has said this. What people have done is pointed out one side has some old stains on their shirt while the other guy's shirt is completely covered with filth and he's actively putting more filth on arrogantly smiling and nodding the whole time. That's a massive difference in my opinion.

Comment

1. I don't think anyone is making that claim.
                  2. Given the ethnic composition of the rump of the GOP, vs. the Dems, this is pretty funny.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No worse than the dems trying to change the rules again to suit them to replace Teddy.
                    The voters don't come first.

And I never said the REPUGS were lily white either.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                      That's a foolish statement. If the local is rotten then, yes, it is bad but it is like an apple with one rotten part but if the national is bad then it's like the whole damn apple is rotten. You're intentionally trying to come up with false equivalencies here especially trying to compare stuff that happened 40 years ago and has been virtually stopped to something which is active and on going.

No body but you has said this. What people have done is pointed out one side has some old stains on their shirt while the other guy's shirt is completely covered with filth and he's actively putting more filth on arrogantly smiling and nodding the whole time. That's a massive difference in my opinion.
                      If you think nothing goes on in CHICAGO NOW, you're an idiot. Every politician's shirt is stained and they all still smile.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You still don't understand the local vs nationwide thing do you?

How many dead people voted in the last Chicago election? Vs how many millions of blacks, Hispanics, and other minorities are the Republicans actively STILL trying to disenfranchise in even our most recent national elections? Republican discrimination and voter repression efforts have been going on nationwide for decades and decades and it is always aimed at nonwhites because Republicans know minorities generally don't vote for them so they want to prevent those people from voting. It starts with their perminently taking away the voting rights of anyone convicted of a felony (and rigging things so that minorities are more likely to be felons; see how crack cocaine position is a felony but powdered cocaine usually isn't because that's a "white drug"). Next they deliberately make sure Republican districts have tons of voting machines and polling stations so there are no lines and it is easy to vote but in the black part of town they put one tiny election station with only a few machines so that people who want to vote must wait in line for hours and hours. As if that's not bad enough Republican ****bags will stand at the front of the line and actively challenge nonwhites claiming that since his name is John Brown (or something similarly common) and one of the 300 John Browns in the city was convicted of a felony they will try to prevent EVERY SINGLE person named John Brown from voting.

Oh and let's not forget how Republicans love to "clean" voter rolls, that is, they go through the rolls and deliberately delete as many nonRepublicans as possible without even telling people they've lost their right to vote so millions show up to vote and they're told they're not registered to vote even though they've lived in the same place and have been voting in the same place for decades. Then come the dirty tricks, the fliers with the fake election date printed on them, phone calls to millions of hispanics claiming the INS is going to arrest all Hispanics it sees at voting stations, etc... This crap is systematic across the entire nation and Republicans do this every election. This is like trying to turn every city in America into Chicago.
                        Last edited by Dinner; August 28, 2009, 15:22.

Comment

I don't care if its local or national. It just different people doing it. AN ass is an ass.
                          It's still bad no matter where. I'm not proud of what the repugs are doing on that, but to claim the other side is better (at this moment) is silly.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Do you think what the dems are doing to replace teddy is all about what's good for the people? Or do you recognize it as typical sleazy politics?
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I recognize that the Dems really, really want that 60th Senate seat just like I recognize that Repugs really really want it to stay empty just like they fraudulently tried to prevent the legally elected senator from Minnesota from taking office for over half a year just this last election. Sure, I can see the self servingness on both sides but on the other hand I also see that the people of Massachusetts have a legal right to be represented in the Senate and that the state of Massachusetts has a legal right to determine how it fills vacant seats. So as long as it is done in a legal fashion then it is self serving but entirely legal.

Comment

Maybe you should remember why the rule is what it is now.
                                But you're right, As you say, it's always about self serving. But legal can still be sleazy as hell.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X