Self-Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Delusion

Have you ever fallen into the trap of believing something is true because you wanted it to be true?

It takes a lot of discipline to look honestly at how things are.

So I've finally promised myself to exercise regularly and eat right, NO MATTER WHAT.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Yeah, right.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The only thing bigger in Texas are the egos and armadillos
      Monkey!!!

Comment

What brought that on?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Just killing some delusions
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I intend to accept my heart attack like a man.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm hoping for either an aneurysm so I can go quick or a weight onset diabetes induced coma to annoy my family
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                I intend to accept my heart attack like a man.
                Good luck with that one.

Oh yeah. Delusions. Good one.

Comment

Expected to see a thrade about AAHZ. Left disappointed.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker View Post
                    Have you ever fallen into the trap of believing something is true because you wanted it to be true?

So I've finally promised myself to exercise regularly and eat right, NO MATTER WHAT.
                    Yeah, I was a Christian.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I will not post in this thread.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

It's the human condition.

There's only one cure.

Skynet.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Yeah, right.

Sloww demonstrates how two affirmatives can make a negative.

Comment

It would appear that a self-delusion tale lies in the background here. Care to enlighten us?
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

first he deluded himself into thinking he was fit enough that he didn't need to work out.

he's since moved on to deluding himself into thinking that he'll stick to an exercise program.

Lather, rinse, repeat
                              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
                              X