Hetalia 'Protests' in Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hetalia 'Protests' in Korea

Terrorist Korean Speech At a diplomacy council of South Korean Congress, congresswoman Jeong Mi-Kyeong stated that Japanese animation Hetalia was considered to be a crime. 01/25/2009 English transl…

Sorry if this is old news, but it is to LOL. This is just so typically Korean.

I'll have to ask my students if they have ever heard of this manga (and almost anime before it was canceled due to causing an 'international incident').

I can't really imagine this happening in most other countries. Koreans maybe just haven't got used to the idea of 'poking fun'.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

I don't speak Korean so I have no idea what is going on here.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Read.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        Read.
        Reaction in China: OMFG, how cute. China X Russia FTW
        Reaction in Korea: If Japan does not cancel this, we are gonna do a terrorist attack

Why such a difference? I hope a 2c hacker puts some Hetalia images in the site of the Korean diet.

Anonymous 01/16/09(Fri)08:44 No.18037728

@!#%!!!

This is horrible! Mad

Probably the only anime and joy in life that I was really looking forward to in the upcoming season. *RAGE*

CatzCradle Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Man. This makes me sick. Censorship simply INFURIATES ME. I hate it when people tell me what I can see and what I cannot see. I can decide that for myself thank you very much. I also hate it when people get up in arms over tiny things like these. People need to learn to “take it easy.”

“BIG FAT HITS” is right.
        Just because of this, I am going to watch it. A lot of it too.

W-General Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 am

This pisses me off so much. And if its because of the Korea thing…what the HELL. Why do they get to decide what airs in another country?! Makes me sick…this was the anime I was most looking forward to out of any other premier. Some people just like to rain all over people’s fun I guess.

championferret Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 am

Hetalia **** yeah the biggest anime troll ever

Anonymous 01/16/09(Fri)09:05 No.18038083

Well that clears that right up, you asshat.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Korea has small man syndrome. Anyone remember when that Korean Boxer lost in the Olympics and he refused to leave the ring demanding a rematch and the Korean press claimed the Olympic judges were racist for not ignoring the rules and letting the Korean have a redo after he got beat?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

In my experience Koreans tend to be taller than the Chinese, and both, Koreans and Chines, tend to be taller than the Japanese.

But, yeah, they have the buffer state thing going.

Why are there so many over nationalistic loonies in East Asia?
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Don't you mean Corea?

My brother has a Korean girlfriend who buys him lost of stuff. Apropos nothing,.

Comment

Hello there! I see you are discussing nationalistic. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Quoting now from Atlas, Shrugged "Bernacke is a terrorist sympathizer but none of them are greenhouse." Use your Obama for gain and pleasure. Hannity cannot continue to tax the means of production on if you do not want to marry can not say hot? If you have any. Loin any horse free law on abortion. 9-11 changed everything. Gitmo has been shooting and violence but only in defense of treason, etc. Again, Loin was there.
                RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Yeah, that happened a while ago. They ended up only doing webcast shorts. It started as a webcomic, IIRC.

The series itself can be fairly funny, but it certainly isn't PC. Towards anyone, and that includes Japan. Italy's reaction to Germany's cooking, for instance. And yeah, if anyone should be complaining about the show, it should be Italians...

--"I don't speak Korean so I have no idea what is going on here. "

Basically, some Japanese guy started a webcomic that used personifications of all the countries as characters. They're all horribly stereotypical (America is stronger than he looks, always stuffs himself with junk food, thinks of himself as the hero, doesn't know geography at all, and loves to meddle in other people's business, but is really bad with supernatural stuff), and what little there is of a plot is a rather mixed up recasting of WWII. Most of it's just random humor strips. There's a site out there somewhere that's translating them, but the original artwork is extremely sketchy, so it can be hard to tell who's doing what unless names are mentioned.

Wraith
                    "If you think we always only do completely pointless things, you're hugely mistaken."
                    -- Ryou ("Sketchbook ~full color’S~")

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                      In my experience Koreans tend to be taller than the Chinese, and both, Koreans and Chines, tend to be taller than the Japanese.

But, yeah, they have the buffer state thing going.

Why are there so many over nationalistic loonies in East Asia?
                      I'm not saying they're physically short, though in my year of being there I can say most of them are, I'm saying they have an inferiority complex; I.E. the short man complex where the short guy is always trying to compensate for his lack of stature if you know what I mean.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's good to know that Korea's problems are so non-existent that they need to make up problems like foreign manga.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

焼肉を食べたい。でもお金がない。そんな時、ごはんさえあれば、お手軽に焼肉を食べた気分になれる便利なサービス「エア焼肉」。お肉は極上の4品。もちろん食べ放題。ノートパソコンを食卓へ、新しい使い方の提案です。http://airyakiniku.cosaji.jp/

Totally off-topic, but this is the funny.

To quote the comments section "If you're going to eat meat, eat meat"

Although I think that many viewers are forgetting Japan's long tradition of humourous 'useless inventions' and this should probably be viewed as a joke about the poor economy.
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                          X