No announcement yet.

Australia tries to make first contact with space aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the point of urgency is the central one. But I will turn it around and say that I can't think of anything urgent enough to warrant sending a text message.

The same goes for cell phone calls, by the way. Which is why I hope to live out my life without owning one.

Maybe they'll do a documentary on me once I'm in the ground.

Comment

Cell phones to avoid planning everything in advance. Can't find where you're going? Phone them up and get directions etc.

Comment

Why don't they use one of those twirling things that go "whirrrrrr, Whirrrr, WHIRRRR" when they're spun through the air? You know, like that aborigine guy in Crocodile Dundee used.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
          Have they tried California?

Anyway, any life forms on Gliese 581d capable of hearing us has been hearing us are already hearing us. Our radio and television transmissions have been hitting them for about 50 years.
          I hope they forgive us for sending them all those episodes of "My Mother the Car."

Comment

Originally posted by Winston View Post
            I think the point of urgency is the central one. But I will turn it around and say that I can't think of anything urgent enough to warrant sending a text message.

The same goes for cell phone calls, by the way. Which is why I hope to live out my life without owning one.

Maybe they'll do a documentary on me once I'm in the ground.
            And why does someone as proficient in English such as you turn out to be a mailman rejecting modern technology that makes life just that little bit easier?

What happened?
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I wouldn't want to use cell phones, TV & radio just because that's what nearly everyone expects of me. I have no use for them. I keep things simple.

I don't know how career choices or any alleged language proficiency enter into it. But I do like how my job is very down to earth. There's nothing phony or faked about it, which is a distinct risk with positions such as my previous ones in public administration and accountancy. Also my colleagues are, without exception, nicer people than any I've ever had.

Comment

I have found that mobiles and text messaging just speed life up a bit.

But I find myself using my mobile more as an information tool than a communication tool.

TV is overrated and quite frankly useless. Radio is ok for that quick news and music, but generally just garbage.
                be free

Comment

TV is ****ing great you *******s

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                    That would be great so long as they leave my vacation days untouched.
                    But their economy would be in a shambles anyway, with quarterly reports every 16 days and all those end-of-year bonuses.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                    X