Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this not be considered rude in China or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my experience with the Chinese...they just don't care. You can tell someone who works FOR you to be at a specific place at a specific time and no later...they won't be there on time 9 times out of 10. Such as happened with my meeting the other day. I had emailed the participants of my meeting prior to it to remind them, and said that I had an important engagement to be at at 12:00pm and that they needed to be in the meeting room no later than 10:30am. The first person came at 10:30, the rest didn't come until after 10:30 and then we didn't finish until 5 minutes to 12:00....so obviously I was late to my important appointment. Also in meetings they will answer phones, talk on phones, talk to each other, leave when they want to, etc. So I had them all put their phones on the table and shut them off, about 3 of them did the rest put them on silent and would leave loudly to talk on them. They don't understand courtesy because it is not an issue in China, manners are not an issue here. They don't hold doors open for women, they don't stop littering or stop anyone else from littering. Hell my Dad's personal assistant was pissed on at a water park and noone said a word, except her...she told the guy *a few levels above her on the stairs* that he was a pig and his penis was the size of a peanut. But they just don't care, if they have something to do its more important.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
    "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

90 % of the time they are not good at what they do too... Quality control is something that happens on Chinese Pluto.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        Thanks. It looks good on my resume...

You dont look anything like I thought you would, where are the horns and tail? Clare seems like she must be lonely amongst you fisicks types.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
          So are we all agreed on a new Cold War with China? Those rude ****ers certainly deserve it.
          Does it have to be cold?
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
          X