Clear All

Ain't that the truth....
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Deep geothermal
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
        In Iceland, heavy geothermal use has caused many of their geysers to diminish. Too much drilling decreases their spurts.

Well to be fair the children always barge in and ole man geyser aint the same as he was at age 18.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
          In Iceland, heavy geothermal use has caused many of their geysers to diminish. Too much drilling decreases their spurts.
          In that case extensive geothermal drilling might temper down the yellowstone caldera, which would probably be a good thing (unless the loss of pressure helped to cause it to collapse, in which case it would be very BAD).
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
          X