No announcement yet.

Getting rid of perfectly good stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any books I'd be interested in (math/physics)?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      Any books I'd be interested in (math/physics)?
      I don't plan on getting rid of those .

I did stop buying a couple new books a year when I became an experimentalist though. That might have been a mistake, my physics/maths skills really dropped for a bit there.

JM
      (And had already been dropping because I was spending too much time in MMOs/bars/parties.)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
        I got a position in Sweden on the Ice Cube experiment.
        Oh, those whacky Swedes.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

When I bought a house with an above-ground pool I put an ad for the pool on craigslist specifying that the buyer had to be local, and within a few days I'd gotten about three or four responses from Nigerians who were interested in buying it for more than I was asking for it but then I'd have to mail them a check for the difference. So I put it on Freecycle and within two days a redneck family stopped by and carted the thing away.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Ask a relative if they can store it for you (offer to pay them), else, you can get some storage. Doesn't sound like you need too much, so ask around and work out a contract with them since you know how long you will be there.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

i thought this thread was about throwing away weed
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If you expect to want it when you return, put it in storage. Old out-of-print board games sell pretty well at gaming conventions. Salvation Army and Good Will will take almost anything.

What is the ice cube experiment?
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  I have mostly:
                  Books
                  Computers/electronics/etc
                  Video games/media/etc
                  Old clothes/etc
                  Some expensive toys (paintball/electric piano)
                  Board Games

I know that board games and books and old electronics and media don't have a very high resale value.

What sort of stuff that Salvation Army and Goodwill like?

JM

I took down pickup truckful of stuff like that to the Goodwill. They loved it. They won't take mattresses (because of health problems) and most branches won't take bulky furniture. They had lists of stuff they really wanted, and stuff they didn't.

I took them ancient computer games, and they took it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                    Ask a relative if they can store it for you (offer to pay them), else, you can get some storage. Doesn't sound like you need too much, so ask around and work out a contract with them since you know how long you will be there.
                    I was wondering what happened to you.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

talk to me about the board games.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                      X