[Things and Stuff] How are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Things and Stuff] How are you?

Work is deafeningly slow, just thankful to get a pay check right now. Hope the economy picks up soon so I can find a job that pays better and is more exciting.

School started back up yesterday, so at least I'll have homework to keep me busy soon. Taking classes on marketing strategy and business law and ethics. Yaay!

Kid's have their birthday party this weekend. Jace turns 1, Josie turns 4 in a week. Inlaws are flying in to help celebrate.

I meet with a mentor for the first time that was assigned to me through school to try and help me leverage my MBA. We'll see how much that is worth.

Trying not to play Spider Solitaire anymore... so far today I have resisted.

I'm tired of politics.

My garage is clean, and I have nothing more on my honey-dos.

Could sure go for a limeade right about now.
    Monkey!!!

10 more posts until I hit 5,000

edit: I guess 9
    Monkey!!!

Comment

*****. You should post more, play spider solitaire less
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I haven't played at all today.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm trying to see how many people I can get to view my profile on LinkedIN
          Monkey!!!

Comment

linkedin sucks my balls
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's not a social networking site until I can see pictures of people playing beer pong on it.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm good

I'm visiting folks in Jersey for two weeks. Work is going 'meh'. Boring, but moving forward. Though I think my direct supervisor realizes I'm getting bored and not doing all too much (but more than the bare minimum).

Getting a bit bored of politics as well, especially since the party I belonged too has gone bat****.

After whoring around a bit for the last few months, I'm currently dating a 19 year old, which is a bit strange (considering I'm 29). She's like Christian and stuff (but an open and tolerant one who is friends with gay people, so that's nice). But she's gorgeous, so that makes the age difference ok (to me and other guys I talk too at my bar ). Oh, and I met her because she works at a waitress at the pub I go to.

I could go for a limeaid too
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran: Apparently, you don't follow the divide by two plus 7 years rule?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I need to help keep my analysis going, so that I can get results in Sept (early). This so I can defend first week of Oct.

I also need to work a lot on my thesis. I am on my like 5th rewrite of my target section, but at least the target student has given me part of his target chapter (which I had been asking for for a while), so that should help a bit.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                      Imran: Apparently, you don't follow the divide by two plus 7 years rule?
                      Apparently not . I used to believe in it (well, as much as "believe" means), until this go around. There probably should be an exception for those over 18 who are very good looking .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Oh, and I haven't really gone on a date in a long time. That is generally true, but I somehow managed to go on a couple in the last 12 months. There is a girl who arrived to work on her experiment, and she seems friendly and can be convinced to hang out, but I don't think she is interested in me (and while I don't know her that well, I think she might be not right for me even though she is cute).

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                          I need to help keep my analysis going, so that I can get results in Sept (early). This so I can defend first week of Oct.
                          Good luck on the defense

Comment

... I'm going fine; I had some great times this summer: I traveled to Victoria BC (to see my gf), I traveled to Ontario for the wedding of my cousin, and I also traveled a lot in Quebec for the job (doing interview).

I also had a lot of time to read (Tolstoy, Simone Weil and books on the beginning of Christianity) and I also practiced classical guitar. I am about to play entirely at normal speed the Allemande and Bourrée from the Lute Concerto BWV 996 from J.S. Bach. I'm also in the process of learning some Spanish guitar composition (Marieta from Terraga).

Also, my gf should be back in Quebec City in two weeks. She is gone since the beginning of june, and I must say that I feel a little impatient to see her again.

Badly, 3 of my bestfriends are gone (in others countries) for the rest of august. But, I have a lot of jobs to do, so I should be able to keep me busy until the end of august; I'm doing an evaluation of the microfinance in Quebec.

I'm also asking if I'm not eating that for supper; since my fridge is empty, and that I don't have any BBQ (otherwise I would have eat a steak)... and I don't want to cook.
                            Last edited by CrONoS; August 13, 2009, 15:33.
                            bleh

Comment

I would like to try Poutine one day.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X