yuck, I failed something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yuck, I failed something

I started learning the material for the Financial Math actuarial exam yesterday around maybe 2pm. It was at 8am this morning and I didn't pass

This is the first time I've failed a test since... grade school? Ever?

I will comment on this in....I think 14 hours? Can't remember.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

obviously, this means you fail at life
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Actually, I take it back. I failed a biology test in freshman year. I forgot to show up.

Comment

If you would quit stuffling waffles in your face and think....
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I failed a semester of Algebra I in high school due to moving. Took it in summer school, finished it with over a 100%, and took honors math courses since. Now I've forgotten it all and couldn't tell a prime number from a subprime number.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I have never even heard of a "subprime number"
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's the interest rate you pay to buy a house in the US when you really can't afford it.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

now if you hadn't been posting here, you might have passed.

I haven't failed anything in ages. Maybe 15 years. That was a short test. 10 questions each section, so if you miss 4 you fail...

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    I have never even heard of a "subprime number"
                    It's one of those toxic integers.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Failing is great. Once you do it, it's really liberating.

The first test I failed was in 7th grade math. I'd missed some time because I was out sick and it was a test on logic. I didn't know what the symbols meant, but I was too stubborn to ask for a chance to learn it before taking the test. It was a good experience. Up until then I'd never gotten less than a 90% on any test.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Failing is great, until you start succeeding, then you fail at failing.

At least it's a test you can retake.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, Kuci.

Is there anything in particular you had problems with?

BTW, I told you to study 2-3 days. Not less than 1 day.

If you have any questions you want to ask feel free (either in the open or by PM).
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My problem was not doing **** fast enough, mostly. There were 1-2 problems I couldn't do because I skipped studying the vocab, but I'm just still not used to getting the damn annuities worksheet on my calculator to do what I want, quickly.

Thanks for the offer, but it won't be necessary. (Especially since asking my dad is a lot more convenient )

BTW, I told you to study 2-3 days. Not less than 1 day.

Yes, that was pretty stupid of me.

Comment

Working...
                            X