No announcement yet.

That's right you're not from Texas! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, high temperatures exceeded 100 °F (38 °C) a total of 69 times, including a record 42 consecutive days from June 23 to August 3. Dallas/Fort Worth reached an all-time high on June 26 and 27, when the temperature reached 113 °F (45 °C) on both days. In all the Dallas/Fort Worth area saw 29 days in which the previous record high temperature was either broken or tied. Wichita Falls, Texas would hit 117 °F (47 °C), the highest temperature ever recorded in that city to date.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      My daughter's name is Summer. Her mother carried her during the summer of1980. 42 days straight over 100. A total of 69 days.

Holy **** that's hot. It made headlines in our part of the world when we had several weeks above 30 C (86 F) last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
        I want proof it actually gets that hot there, I call BS
        It gets hawter than your avatar my friend-FACT!
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Hey Sloww

You good folks get snow some places.

Just curious if your state has record for greatest temperature differential from winter to summer?

(Like say 27 degrees to 115 degrees)

Cant wait to one day get there!!!
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

It gets cold here. The same humidity and the same wind. That's an interesting question.
            I'm going to the Post now. I'll check that out when I get back. Or you can now.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

so apparently Texas is hotter than the mojave desert. Something is wrong with that state.

Comment

LOL, wussies,

I moved to Texas in 1981 right out of high school.

Lived in a duplex for 2 years with no A/C, and had no transportation, but work was only 5 miles away.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Cowboy, these people have no idea. The wusses. I moved here in 1955 (born). In the middle of one of the longest droughts in recorded Texas history. Elmer Kelton wrote a book about it, "The Time It Never Rained".

Comment

Working...
                  X