X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Boobs

Take that title anyway you wish.

German Politician Uses Merkel's Cleavage to Woo Voters

A German politician has put up campaign posters featuring Chancellor Angela Merkel's cleavage in a bid to attract votes in the Sept. 27 election. Merkel wasn't informed and the party leadership doesn't seem very amused.

A female member of Angela Merkel's conservative Christian Democratic Union has raised eyebrows with a campaign poster displaying the chancellor's ample cleavage alongside her own. The poster's slogan reads: "We have more to offer."

The poster features a photo of Vera Lengsfeld, 57, in a low-cut dress alongside a famous photo of Merkel displaying cleavage during a visit to the opera in Oslo in April 2008.

The poster shows Christian Democratic candidate Vera Lengsfeld (right) alongside a 2008 photo of Angela Merkel above the slogan: "We have more to offer."

The head office of the Christian Democrats doesn't seem particularly amused. A spokesman said: "That wasn't agreed with us."

Lengsfeld, a former East German civil rights activist who was locked up by the Stasi secret police, told the mass circulation daily Bild: "I'm sure Ms Merkel is smiling about it. She's got a sense of humor, after all."

Lengsfeld, who is running for a seat in the German Bundestag, said she needed to come up with an eye-catching poster for the Sept. 27 federal election because she is campaigning in the deeply left-wing Berlin constituency of Kreuzberg-Friedrichshain, where the CDU got just 12.4 percent of the vote in the last election four years ago.

She said the poster had attracted 17,000 visitors to her election campaign Web site in a single day. Many of the critical comments posted on her blog came from men accusing her of sexism. One poster, who identified himself as Daniel Baltar, wrote: "Have you gone completely mad? You have declared yourself insane with such posters -- and politically disqualified yourself."

But several female commentators on the blog said she had shown courage and a certain degree of irony.

Several regional CDU districts are now considering following suit by using Merkel's cleavage in their own posters. There are no plans so far to feature the revealing photograph on the party's big campaign billboards, though.

The poster, together with a controversial placard by the opposition Greens party featuring the naked buttocks of a black woman, may mark an attempt to breathe life into what has been a tepid election campaign so far. German comedians last week made their own contribution to stoking interest in the campaign by launching satirical party programs.

cro -- with wire reports

A German politician has put up campaign posters featuring Chancellor Angela Merkel's cleavage in a bid to attract votes in the Sept. 27 election. Merkel wasn't informed and the party leadership doesn't seem very amused.
    Attached Files
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Oh damn, Wez!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

oh **** dude, thread is useless with pics!
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

We need more boobs in high political office!!

Comment

God, no, we've had plenty. Too many.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Speaking of the Battle of the Boobs:

Last night I had a very unusual dream (for me). I dreamt that I was watching Angelina Jolie, clad in white lingerie, have sex with... Angelina Jolie, clad in black lingerie.

I never have dreams like this. But the thread title jogged the memory.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It kind of reminds me of this comic.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Battle of the Boobs? Isn't that what's going on on FoodTV these days?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I like that the food network has hot chicks telling me how to cook but I do think it is kind of sad that someone like Julia Child could no longer get a show these days. I mean Julia Child was odd looking with a strange voice but she probably had more impact on what Americans ate in the 1950's-1980's then anyone else. Sure, it's not like Americans in that time ate so good damn world class but it does show that even strange looking people can be extremely good cooks. To bad now they have to be models or we'll never hear about them.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

more to the point that i just want to find something to shove in rachael ray's mouth so all i have to hear from her is a strangling noise.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I have a suggestion.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

do tell, mister sloww. we're all eager to hear your opinion.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Nope. Nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            Speaking of the Battle of the Boobs:

Last night I had a very unusual dream (for me). I dreamt that I was watching Angelina Jolie, clad in white lingerie, have sex with... Angelina Jolie, clad in black lingerie.

I never have dreams like this. But the thread title jogged the memory.
                            Sounds like a damn good dream.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Jolie's all sorts of overrated.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                              X