Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ancient Greek deity would you worship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went for Hera. Very protective, very jealous. Not someone you'd like to mess with.
    Also considered Pallas Athena, but I think I'm too little ambitious to profit enough from her.

BeBro, if you tried to "worship it" with Athena, you'd soon would have to worship your cut-off worshipper on a plate.

No one yet for Poseidon?

I can understand though that no one yet voted for Madhead-Ares, frigid-Artemis, and gimpy-Hephaistos.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Eris

:vanishes:

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
        Eris

:vanishes:
        HAIL ERIS! 23 Skiddoo! FNORD!

Kallisti!
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
          The nice thing about polytheism is you don't have to stick with just one.

HAIL DIONYSUS! HAIL APHRODITE!

(poll should have been multiple choice)

[action=Theben]hails Dionysus and "salutes" Aphrodite[/action]
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
              HAIL ERIS! 23 Skiddoo! FNORD!

Kallisti!
              fnord
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Who the hell voted for Hestia? I considered making her the banana option, but I guess someone likes virginity and nice, tidy households...
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  Who the hell voted for Hestia? I considered making her the banana option, but I guess someone likes virginity and nice, tidy households...
                  If you're curious, why didn't you make it a public poll?
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III View Post
                    I went for Hera. Very protective, very jealous. ...
                    Hera was the Goddess of Marriage.
                    Aphrodite was the Goddess of Love.
                    The two hated each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                      Hera was the Goddess of Marriage.
                      Aphrodite was the Goddess of Love.
                      The two hated each other.
                      Well, yeah, and?

Comment

Erm, I'm not sure. Can someone tell me which one is the hottest?
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Ares, god of bloodlust.
                          "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
                          "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

Athena > Dionysus

Wine makes you drunk, but the buds make you wise.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              Erm, I'm not sure. Can someone tell me which one is the hottest?
                              According to Paris of Troy, Aphrodite was. Personally, the correct answer was, I, a mere mortal, could not possibly judge the beauty of goddesses. The beauty of each of you transcends the abilities of mortals to discern.

Of course, you don't get Helen of Sparta with that answer.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ares, cowardly God of War.
                                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                                X