Luxury resort offers $19 room _ minus bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxury resort offers $19 room _ minus bed

I'm going to give this some coonsideration.

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- A luxury resort in San Diego is offering rooms for $19 a night - if you don't mind sleeping in a tent.

The Rancho Bernardo Inn boasts three pools, a spa and golf course. It typically charges more than $200 a room.

But business is down. So from Aug. 16 to 31, guests can get a "Survivor Package" that charges them less for each amenity they give up.

For $19, guests give up breakfast, air conditioning, lights, sheets and even the bed. Staff will remove the mattress and headboard and leave a small tent instead.

Oh, and bring your own toilet paper.

General manager John Gates says the hotel hopes people who try the promotion will return at full price.
    Running a Google on "The Rancho Bernardo Inn", it looks nice.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

:dan--

Oh, sorry, never mind.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

What? I just sent Oerdin a pm. He should jump on this deal. I may. I'm not kidding. Camping camping costs that. Sure, plane travel. There are deals.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

OH, yeah. I saw this. Apparently they only have 1 room that is like this (no bed, no lights, etc...) which you can rent for $19 a night and every other room is around $200. It's basically just a bait and switch scam where they advertise a ridiculously low rate, make sure that room has massive downsides (no lights?), and then make sure there is only one room like that so that when people come knocking you can try to up sell them.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW Rancho Bernardo is north and east of me and you'll definitely want AC there as it is so far inland.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            BTW Rancho Bernardo is north and east of me and you'll definitely want AC there as it is so far inland.

WTF does being inland have to do with wanting Ali Cove there?
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              What? I just sent Oerdin a pm. He should jump on this deal. I may. I'm not kidding. Camping camping costs that. Sure, plane travel. There are deals.
              I own a house with in 12 miles of there so why would I want to rent a hotel room?

Comment

This reads that you deduct what you want from the room's amenities. That's not right?
                Figures.

Do you have a golf course and all else? FOR A CHANGE, Oerdin. Jeez!

Comment

Hotel room = Anonymity when shagging Pandas. (just ask Drake)
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

this is silly. It's better to actually camp out in the real woods ya know. The only advantage here is you don't have to worry about insects and bears.

Comment

Working...
                    X