space questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• space questions

if you had diarrhea in a zero gravity environment, would it propel you like a rocket?

if i jerked off and blew my load down a long corridor, then shut the airlock and let it continue to float, then blew the outer lock and let the spooge fly into space, and lets say the trajectory was such that it would fly into orbit, could the frozen jizz gain enough energy to shatter the windshield of a shuttle coming up into orbit?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Are you cruising to be blocked? Or just bored out of your skull? If the latter, we have another forum devoted to a real eater of idle time called Civilization. Latest iteration is Civ IV BTS; give it a shot.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Sava, you sound somewhat like AAHZ.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        if you had diarrhea in a zero gravity environment, would it propel you like a rocket?
        Yes, the expelling of mass would result in motion in the opposite direction.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          Yes. Like a water rocket.

if i jerked off and blew my load down a long corridor, then shut the airlock and let it continue to float, then blew the outer lock and let the spooge fly into space, and lets say the trajectory was such that it would fly into orbit, could the frozen jizz gain enough energy to shatter the windshield of a shuttle coming up into orbit?
          Not likely. Remember that orbit is a velocity as well as a location. If the shuttle is in the same orbit as the spooge, then both are going roughly the same velocity. The impact would not be violent.

If the spooge degraded to a lower orbit, it would eventually burn up/evaporate in the atmosphere on its way to Earth.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Not likely. Remember that orbit is a velocity as well as a location. If the shuttle is in the same orbit as the spooge, then both are going roughly the same velocity. The impact would not be violent.

Dan, "roughly" is a very bad approximation in this case. Orbits which are even slightly different can have intersections at velocities which differ by thousands of miles an hour
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That may be so. But in reality, it's probably not much of an issue. The shuttle has experienced similar impacts with space junk on orbit and has suffered little or no damage -- f.e., in the latest Hubble mission, there was a collision on one of the wings with no damage.

Once you get into more substantial junk than Sava's... ice, that's a huge consideration of course. It becomes a major issue quickly as you scale size and mass.
              Last edited by DanS; August 5, 2009, 12:05.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The real problem is that Sava's spunk is acidic.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

If the spooge hit the shuttle's windshield would you call it a spunknick?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Here's what I have to say to that

wutang
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                      Are you cruising to be blocked? Or just bored out of your skull? If the latter, we have another forum devoted to a real eater of idle time called Civilization. Latest iteration is Civ IV BTS; give it a shot.
                      these are serious questions
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        Here's what I have to say to that

wutang
                        i lol'd IRL
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                        X