Too old to be Flubber...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too old to be Flubber...

Mounties said an elderly Calgary man was killed by a bison yesterday while out for an early morning walk.

RCMP were called to Shell Loop Rd., about 30 km southwest of Pincher Creek and 270 km from Calgary, after the body of a 71-year-old man was found by a Shell employee checking well sites at 8:45 a.m., said Sgt. Roxane Baalim.

RCMP identified the victim as Keith (Elmer) Conrad, a recently retired oil executive and lawyer. Conrad, who is from Calgary, had left a friend's home for a walk and encountered the animal on a grazing lease.

The victim sustained a single wound to his lower abdomen as well as trauma to his head and was pronounced dead on the scene by paramedics.

Baalim said there were no witnesses to confirm what provoked the attack but said the man's injuries were consistent with a goring from a horned animal.

"We can only speculate that somehow he startled the animal," she said. "It is possible it happened before daylight."

She said no criminal charges are anticipated against the owner of the bison who plans to put down the animal.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Keith = Elmer?
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Probably a middle name that he "goes" by.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Why put the bison down?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

BBQ
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't get that either.

It was a lawyer after all.

Comment

had left a friend's home for a walk and encountered the animal on a grazing lease.
              Seriously. This is bull****. Bison****, ok.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why, Sloww?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                  Why, Sloww?
                  Sloww is Texan - they don't know what walking is - they only ride on horses and drive in cars.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X