No announcement yet.

Hangovers: Vodka better than bourbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slam a beer when you wake up. Problem solved.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

What about gatorade in the morning? I thought It could help.
      Last edited by CrONoS; July 23, 2009, 11:42.
      bleh

Comment

The electrolytes probably would help.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeh, gatorade is the drinker's standby. It's the electrolytes, with a little kick from the sugar.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It's what's plants need
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

what plants crave!

i agree with water. i try to get 1 liter before going to sleep. of course, sometimes pre-treatment for hangover is the last thing i'm thinking about after spending the evening in a bar. then i'll try to drink water as much as it gets me to throw up during mornings

never found beer useful, altough that's what my RL friends prefer for the day after

Comment

4 or 5 is generally not drunk, and not in any danger of a hangover.

If I feel that I am in danger of a hangover, besides drinking lots of water (which I always do), I also drink a gatorade or something.

By the way, my old joke for a night of drinking/screwing around with my friends was winners drink whiskey, losers drink vodka. At times replace whiskey with bourbon.

The only time that I puked blood the morning after (really the only time I puked after sobering up period, I think?) was after drinking over half a bottle of vodka (vanilla flavored) on an empty stomach during a night of drinking.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

youre right, sire.

Anyway, for me is getting drunk with the right stuff, water, 2 aspirins, and maybe some fruit before bed, plenty of sleep, and a great breakfast with coffee, eggs and some fried meat.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Drunk on the right stuff is also very important. For the longest time, if I puked while sobering up, and drank good alcohol, I would have no hangover. If I had bad alcohol, that was the only times I had an hangover.

Still, I can get a hangover when not drunk if I have bad alcohol.

You really don't want the cheap wine or liquor. At least not more than one drink of it (and the cheap liquor will taste bad for that one drink, so why do it?).

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I haven't had a hangover from wine in years. ( And it takes a ****load of wine to get me drunk)

I need a lot to get drunk with one caveat: If I am tired, my stamina crashes. Completely.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Strangely, whiskey is much easier on my system than vodka. In fact thats why i switched to vodka from whiskey for a while because i thought it was stronger. Vodka floors me though something fierce if I'm not careful.

Also I'm from the south and was raised on whiskey so maybe that has something to do with it.
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

You gentlemen get drunk enough for a hangover and then go home alone? That's what the preventative measures seem to indicate. What's the point of getting that drunk if you don't have a companion who is also getting that inebriated?
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

If you mean a "sex companion" might as well say it. This is not a Victorian dinner.
                            1) I got in trouble for that in the past.
                            2) I don't remember ****.

I get ****faced with my buddies, usually.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

not sure where else to post this (other than the durnk thread, but I'm not drunk, just buzzin')

So I try out a new local tavern. The previos taverns in this location have failed due to lack of business and perhaps robberies. So I'm not sure this one will fare any better. It's called Aces and Ales.

So I try this dogfish 90 minute IPA ale. The biggest problem is I don't know what an IPA is. It's alright, but a bit too strong for an ale. It's darting into the spirits category at 9% alcohol. I settled on Stone pale ale. It's a southwestern local ale, so perhaps Oerdin has tried it. They didn't have any Newcastle Brown Ale, so this was the best I can find. Not bad, but I still prefer Newcastle.

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping ra

I'm not sure if they are all microbrews or what. I'm not sure what the qualifications are. Is there something in between microbrew and mass produced beer? Try the Stone pale ale if you get a chance. It's decent.

I know I should't be drinking. These things probably have 200 or more calories a pop . I'm at a crossroads in my life. It's between my love for good ales, or my love of working out at the gym in an effort to get a perfect body (for my bone size- I know I'll never be an Swarchenegger). I shouldn't be drinking ales, but they taste so good. . I still love the buzz. Like I have now.

Comment

Yep, those are microbrews. Both good choices. Dogfish Head 90 min IPA is one of my faves. Lotsa hops ... yummy!
                                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                                X