Check out my new cutie pies :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my new cutie pies :)

So these I made this morning for a presentation. Should have put a lime slice on the key lime but I think you get the point. These are PYS (pucker your sucker) Key Lime pie, Fullilove Hershey Crunch, and of course the award winning Betty Lou's Buttermilk. Then there is the Dreamy Coconut Tart with Brown Sugar Crust along with White Chocolate Pistachio Cherry cookies.

Take pitty on the old woman and reduce the size please for me. One day I'll learn I promise
    Attached Files
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

You're a pie-baking fool, ain't ya?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

she's a tease. She's like you can look, but don't touch. I really want to touch those pies. At least one slice of each.

Comment

Quick! Grab the pies, Dis! I'll keep her distracted.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Comment

Pics are worthless without free samples.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

The key lime pies look green.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

What color do you think keys are?

Comment

at first, in the top picture, at least 2 of the pies looked like different servings of hummus. One of with chickpeas, and one with tahene and olive oil.

Then I got it. Looks delicious and very well served
                  I especially like the last one, which is stunning and very inviting.

I've been photographing my girlfriends cakes a lot so I can offer some tips for better cake photos.

a) food looks better up close, filling the frame. Don't shoot straight from the top. Shoot so its the point of view of a midget standing next to the food. try to be as close as you can so nothing else is distracting, and the food texture is visible. Try composing so the background is single color, and not distracting.

b) use the "macro" setting of your camera (denoted by a little flower). it allows close pictures to be in focus, and adds a nice effect of blurring away everything else.

c) learn to use the "focus lock" feature to your advantage. Go to macro (flower) mode, point your camera at the food (really up close), and press the shutter button only down half way down. The camera will start making noises until it is in focus (may take a second). When it's ready a reg/freen LED will go on. Keep holding the button down - make sure it's showing what you want, and then push the rest of the way down for a shoot. This dramatically increases sharpness.

d) make sure it is well lit. if it's not lit well enough your camera will make a longer exposure, and your shaky hand will make the picture unsharp. forget using flash.

Comment

Good advice. I can see the desire for an overhead shot on the last one, but still utilize the rest of the advice.

Comment

May I suggest you change the name of your "Pucker Your Sucker Key Lime Pie" to "Key Lime Pucker Pie?" "Pucker pie" is just a fun phrase to say. Pucker pie. Pucker pie. Pucker pie.

Comment

I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! consider it done. Betty Lou's now offically has a Key Lime Pucker Pie
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

That's what I want for the pies for them to have funny and unusual names but that fit the pie.

Comment

Yeah I didn't like the green color the way it turned out looked like baby poop to me! Any of you parents out there know what I'm talking about when the baby first comes home about the third day it looks about the same color, am I right? I was trying to go for green color for key lime association but in reality key lime pies are beige/yellow in color. So I think I will just stick with that and put a lime slice on top so you will know.

And as for it looking like Humus, Buttermilk pie is supposed to have a nice golden brown color on top and it does. Any self respecting Southerner knows what one should look like

Comment

looks good. thought some of those were hummous bowls at first, tho
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X