Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What every white person should know black people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me see if I understand.
    I make a post for discussion.

KH posts that This message is hidden because Docfeelgood is on your ignore list. Then he makes a "snarky remark" "Im going to guess that you posted some unfunny racist video, possibly involving swine flu."

I call him a dumbass because he makes " snarky remarks "

Then KH makes another post "It was never ironic to begin with. He just can't spell."

I post that he is still a dumbass.

Then Lorizael you post a answer to KH It doesn't involve swine flu, because I would have closed it. It is pretty bigoted, but not enough for me to care. However, if the Doc's only response in this thread is to attack KH, it will be closed pretty quickly.

This is the answer Lorizael gave to BK.

There's no rule against stupidity here at Poly. And the occasional trolling is also permitted. If posters are reduced to merely attacking one another, I close threads and start banning.
    Let's not have that happen here. Talk about Doc's silly little video. If you have concerns regarding moderation, take it up via PM or the topped moderation thread.

If this is the way I understand what happened, then I must say that I feel a set up has been implemented on me.
    As to why? I donot know.

I also feel that there is no need to discuss this any futher.

Comment

I realised the video was a piece of stand-up comedy when he got to the part about there being 142 million black people in prison.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

He seriously said that?

The first part seemed true enough, but I stopped after a bit. I refuse to listen to any black man who doesn't refer to me as "Massa."
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

There is some truth to it, but most likely it'll just be used by white racists to say, "look, a darkie sez black people cause their own problems and white folk are discriminated against!"
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That tends to be a problem that a lot of black comedians have to face. They want to make jokes about the black community, but they worry that some groups will take the jokes too racially or use them to support their own bigoted conclusions. Dave Chappelle and Aaron McGruder certainly have had difficulty with this.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Well it's basically the same problem Irish or Italians have when they make funny of their own stereotypes (drunken brawlers, and mafiosi respectively). Nothing to get worked up about, but unfortunately there is an entire industry of anti-defamation groups that get worked up over nothing for a living.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; May 14, 2011, 15:18.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  drunken brawlers
                  It's not a stereotype if it's true.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

EDIT: Blurgh. Too many race threads
                    Last edited by KrazyHorse; July 15, 2009, 14:20.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Poly is very faddish. Don't worry, health care will be back around the bend soon enough.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                        He seriously said that?

Twice. He spells it out "1..4...2...million".

Which is really impressive when you consider that the estimated number of total prisoners of all races worldwide is less than 10 million. It's satire.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

All right, you convinced me to open it.

Laz, he says 1.2 million.

"one point two"
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's probably close to right, but maybe a bit high. IIRC the US has an incarceration rate of ~0.7% of adults, or close to two million. Call it ~1.8 million. Also, the rule of thumb is that the prison pop. is ~ half black. So I'd estimate it at 900 000 or so.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

He might be including halfway houses, and other stages of incarceration.

I don't know, I'm at work and I'm not going to watch the video while I'm here.

Comment

Working...
                              X