• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Pekka Day!

29? Awesome.

Happy. Birthday. Pekka!!!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

HB!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Happy Birthday to the Man With the Iron Penis (should be his forum title IMO)

Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

SuperCitizen
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

SUPERCITIZEN

Comment

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Happy Birthday Pekka
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

We should all run naked through the streets thrashing our penises (penii?) in celebration of this auspicious day.

Except chicks. They can beat people over the head with the bare breasts, I guess.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Comment

:salutes Pekka and his might pen0r:

"lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Heyy, thanks for the birthday thread

I didn't even realize my b-day, I was in India for almost 3 weeks. What can I tell you about it? Nothing and everything. I had diarrhea for the first week which sucked, or to be more correct, blew. Blew out of my butt. Especially when after a week of not being hydrated enough, my ass sore, a little weak, the daily rolling blackouts finally outrun the generator in the place I was staying at. There, laying on my bed, sick, the AC went off. There, in complete darkness, I noticed that Ohhh, I had a fan in the bathroom and now that it's off as well, the mosquitos DO get inside after all. And their friends, little buggers and big buggers. I had also ran out of toilet paper. So there, in the darkness, the temperature was rising above 30 fast, and closing 40. At that moment, I guess, I could say I was a bit stressed out.

India is a big country. It's filled with small time hustlers, who are an ANNOYANCE. Once you've told about 150 of them that you're not interested, ignored another 400 who still followed you, there comes a moment when you turn around, look at them in the eyes with fury and tell them to **** off! Or you will ****ing kill that person right there with no remorse or thought of the consequences. So with your muddy butt, you're avoiding to step in to cow poo, dodging most of the urine and few drug needles, it does break your heart to see the little children you are beggars. You're not supposed to give them anything as if it encourages their begging, but it's not like they have much options anyway. So that sucked, definitely. They're aggressive as well, they poke you and don't go away, until a local grown up threatens to beat them up.

India has no Internet. Yeah, you can find cafes, you can find places where you can quickly use the net IF the power doesn't go down or something else, a flood comes in or something like that. India IS NOT THE NEXT SUPERPOWER OF IT! Go there and see it for yourself. There might be few good companies, there might be a million coders, but sure as I am SUPERCITIZEN, there is no Indian domination of the future of IT. It's just fifth of the world population, so it's bound to have some clever dudes as well and lots of money, but it ain't happening any time soon.

It's filled with people. It doesn't matter where you are, in the desert, taking a crap... where ever you are, the situation calls for 48 random Indian dudes to wander about. It doesn't matter what the traffic is, about a million more vehicles of any kind will be there soon. And no matter where you are, if you're white, there's a hustler just next to you, trying to sell you something, trying to do anything so you give them money. They're aggressive and "disappointed" if you give them what is a lot of money for the service they provided, which is usually no service at all. This is due to the amount of people in there, you sticking out like a sore thumb and of course lack of everything, starting from infrastructure.

Still, I did like it. There's lots to do and see in India. It's a huge country. It takes more than few months to explore a state, and all of them are very different. From Uttar Pradesh to Rajasthan and Goa, they're like night and day. But everywhere you go, you will have a muddy butt and sweat. And you will feel violent. you just want to punch, kick and maim, but then again, theres a billion of them so not a good idea, plus you don't want to see an Indian prison after you've seen some of the hotels.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X