Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Negotiations - Chinese way (Spy Charges)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand the problem. Mao has shown that every Chinese can easily make steel in his backyard without importing stinkin' capitalist ore!
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      I imagine giving and accepting bribes are the usual way of things in a corrupt country like China.
      It's not just corruption but a part of the culture. These kinds of deals are extremely common on all levels from public to personal. To not engage in them makes doing any kind of business nearly impossible in China. The government often then uses this to prosecute "enemies." However, if Stern and others really accepted such large amounts, then they were just asking for trouble.

Still, the entire case reflects how there is no rule of law in China until it is deemed politcally important. Thus, shipments get redirected, milk tainted, and bribes must be paid to even get the most basic of services at times.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

PS: Dashi, it's rio tinto or tata steel... not rio tata.
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Rio tata is a carnival show, right?
          Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Working...
          X