• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Chef America

Banana Battle! Torres vs. Flay...

Ah, my day was pretty dull until now.
    Monkey!!!

Good battle tonight, though I was hoping for a different result.

I would kill to be a judge on that show. (Most weeks, at least -- including this one.)
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Same here. Flay wins on sauces. They are good, but IMO he's a glamorized saucier.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Comment

I wanna see a specific "iron chef - BBQ".

I also want to know why the iron chefs win almost every time (which was also true with the japanese version too)?
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

There's a huge home field advantage for the Iron Chefs. They know the kitchen, they've done this before, and they know how to pander to the judges. (And most weeks, the judges are people they know.) I figure they're netting about a 3-4 point handicap.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Not to mention Flay goes around and does this type of thing on other shows. I never know why Cora wins, she's the weakest of all them.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Actually, Cat Cora has gotten noticeably stronger. She's now pretty formidable, easily tougher than Michael Symon.

Still, the ones whose food I most want to eat are Morimoto and Batali. (I've eaten Flay's, and it was awesome.)

Comment

I would kill someone in front of their own mama to be a judge on Iron Chef.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

According to the Win Loss Records on wikipedia (page also has episode breakdown), Morimoto has the worst record, just below Cora. Though I wonder if Symon's record would be as good after 10 more battles.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I'm glad they went back to having the chef's chose who they would battle. When they don't do that I think it's a little unfair, and the challenges can be interesting. Like when the Southwest guy challenged Morimoto and the secret ingredient was hot peppers. Definitely a battle that producers seemed to assume would be against flay.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X