Burger King's Super Seven Incher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger King's Super Seven Incher

If it hasn't already happened, today can go down in the record books as the day subtlety died. Burger King's latest advertisement -- for its, ahem, BK Super Seven Incher -- leaves little to imagination or interpretation. As you can see here, the woman in said advertisement is about to go down on said Super Seven Incher with a suggestive tagline that uses the word "blow." Mmhmm, I think it's safe to assume that such humor will only be going over the head of those younger than, oh, about 13 years old. (Sorry, parents!)

The "copy" at the bottom of the ad -- not sure that you can even seen it here -- takes the whole thing even further: "Fill your desire for something long, juicy and flame-grilled with the NEW BK SUPER SEVEN INCHER," it says. "Yearn for more after you taste the mind-blowing burger that comes with a single beef patty, topped with American cheese, crispy onions and the A1 Thick and Hearty Steak Sauce."

"Something long, juicy"? "Yearn for more"? "Mind-blowing"? I think it's all rather glorious, in an I-love-trash kind of way. Who ever cared about cunning, cleverness, and nuance anyway? Blow your mind (and this Super Seven Incher) instead!

I go to 'Fred's Philly Cheesesteak'. Their slogan, which they have available on a T-Shirts, is "The Best 10" You've Ever Had In Your Mouth".
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It looks like they slopped decaying garbage in between two pieces of cardboard.

Comment

That's disgusting...
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I bet you forwarded this to everybody in your address book as soon as it hit your e-mail inbox, dincha?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm planning on getting one for lunch... maybe 2
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              I bet you forwarded this to everybody in your address book as soon as it hit your e-mail inbox, dincha?
              everyone but you.
              Last edited by Docfeelgood; June 30, 2009, 19:03.

Comment

people still eat fast food? What, are they crazy?

Comment

Sorry, I only do metric
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

that thing looks disgusting anyways. sesame seed white bread? yuck. You might as well give me diabetes right now.

Go to subway and at least get wheat bread. I'm not sure if they have 100% whole wheat, however.

Comment

I ****ing hate sesame seed. Why do they insist on putting it on buns?
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Sesame seed is a cause of diabetes? I never knew that.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Food is a cause of diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Sesame seed is a cause of diabetes? I never knew that.
                            white bread. potatoes are bad too. What's the point of potatoes? They have very little nutritional value. They have a little bit of protein. But we aren't 19th century Irish dammit. We can afford real food. And potatoes aren't it. So don't be thinking of eating fries at Burger King. Go to a real restaurant and eat a baked potato if you must eat the nasty things.

What's with this spell checker? How do I spell the damn word potato. Is it with an e or not?

Comment

no mention of this being a joke yet?
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X