X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenn. couple accused of assault using Cheetos

Tenn. couple accused of assault using Cheetos

AP Fri Jun 26, 3:19 pm ET
    SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. – Authorities said a couple got into a fight using Cheetos. The Bedford County Sheriff's Department said a 40-year-old man and 44-year-old woman became involved in a 'verbal altercation.' Somehow, the orange puffy snacks were used in the assault.

Deputies said they were charged with domestic assault. No one was hurt.

According to the Shelbyville Times-Gazette, both posted bond of $2,500.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bond of 2500 for hitting somebody with Cheetos? Crazy.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I think it would be really difficult to hurt someone with Cheetos.

Maybe they were in a store and the Cheetos didn't belong to them. I wonder if they were arguing over "puffed" vs. "crunchy"?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The amount of potential pain wouldn't matter in questions of assault & battery.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            The amount of potential pain wouldn't matter in questions of assault & battery.
            So it wouldn't matter whether I threw feathers or bricks at you? I thought that in order for assault to become assault and battery some degree of injury had to occur?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

All that has to happen for battery is an unwanted touching (so, if you put an arm on my shoulder and I didn't want that, technically that's battery). Assault is an (reasonable) apprehension of battery.

Though for feathers usually the cops wouldn't care.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

no one was hurt. Is it really an assault if no one was hurt?

Comment

What is a Cheeto?
                  “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                  - Anon

Comment

lol the first google image result comes up with this. I just have to post this.

Comment

Working...
                    X